OpenEMR AVAILITY Vendor ID PER06

aethelwulffe wrote on Wednesday, December 21, 2011:

Hello all!

The Availity clearinghouse vendor ID for OpenEMR is V07432 (Victor-Zero-Seven-Four-Three-Two).
  This was assigned by Availity for general use by users of OpenEMR.  The Availity representative (Availity case #01005710) I contacted after receiving the e-mail notice that a number was assigned was not able to verify what agency actually assigned the number (Availity or someone else), but assured me that it would be good for anyone using OpenEMR 4.1+ submitting 5010 format claims.

This value is entered in your x-12 partner configuration PER06 value.  It is verified good for Availity, but for other x12 partners you need to check for the appropriate value.  If they do not give you a number, and say that you should use your Vendor’s ID, then this is the value you may use.

Are there any other settings for Availity? Mine has been rejected. I will try this code for the PER06 and return here with results

hi @CalvinTy, please post the denial message minus any PHI. thank you

Sorry, I’ve been busy doing a couple of things on my own as much as I can but I am out of lead. Below is the error message I got

Error Initiator: HIPAA Loop: 1000B
Segment ID: NM1 Element #: 8
Version #: 5010A1 Error Message If either of
NM108, NM109 is present, then all must be present. The syntax rule P0809 of Segment NM1
is violated. Segment NM1 is defined in the guideline at position 0200. Invalid data: 46
Segment ID: NM1 Element #: 9
Version #: 5010A1 Error Message Element NM10
9 (Identification Code) is missing. This Element’s user option is ‘Must Use’. Segment NM
1 is defined in the guideline at position 0200.
Segment ID: NM1 Element #: 9
Version #: 5010A1 Error Message If either of
NM108, NM109 is present, then all must be present. The syntax rule P0809 of Segment NM1
is violated. Segment NM1 is defined in the guideline at position 0200.

Does this give anyone a clue?

hi @CalvinTy, do you have Admin->Practice->X12 Partner->ID Number (ETIN) entered?

No. Is it supposed to be miine or theirs?

The error is 1000B. That means it’s the ETIN for the receiver? If that’s the case, then I have to create an Availity for ea insurance company?

hi @CalvinTy, it’s their’s and then you choose the X12 partner for each ins co

I found this from another thread

" If it is 1000A loop NM109 should be billingfacility ETIN and if it is 1000B
NM109 it should be clearinghouse ETIN."

I do have everything as directed by their manual and this is what I haveAvaility1.pdf (62.7 KB)

hi @CalvinTy, you should put their ETIN in the second field, ID Number (ETIN)

I am looking at their pdf instruction and their ETIN. I can’t find it. Can you give me a hint?

maybe 030240928 but safest to ask whoever at availty helped you setup your account

I have 030240928 on segment ISA08 & GS03.

030240928 even with the 6 blank spaces tail as directed on their guide. I had sent a ticket. We’ll see what else is wrong.

go ahead and upload a screen shot of the availity x12 partner in OpenEMR if you’d like

I can’t do a screenshot and so I uploaded the pdf above. Can you look and see if I am missing anything? TIA

thanks, did you enter a value for ID Number (ETIN) ?

yup, just checked. It’s there.

This is the latest error message I got from Availity. Why are they so particular?

Your batch failed due to invalid data in your interchange:

“Invalid control number in ISA13: 0. Element ISA13 (Interchange Control Number) includes non-numeric characters. The Element has a data type of ‘Numeric with implied decimal’ (N0).”

Your ISA13 cannot be ‘0’. These settings are often not set by the user. I advise contacting your software vendor for help with correcting interchange data settings.

Can anyone help with this latest error message from Availity?