OpenEMR 6.0.0 Patch 2 has been released

The 2nd patch for OpenEMR 6.0.0 has been released:
https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Patches

The patch includes:

• Security fix (reported by Hagai Wechsler at whitesourcesoftware.com, fix by Brady Miller)
  • WENO Exchange ePrescribing fixes (fixes by Sherwin Gaddis)
  • Session and timeout fixes (fixes by Rod Roark, Stephen Waite, Jerry Padgett and Brady Miller)
  • Patient portal improvements (by Jerry Padgett)
  • Eye form fixes (fixes by Ray Magauran)
  • Billing fixes (fixes by Stephen Waite)
  • New GAD-7 form (by Ruth Moulton)
  • Layout Based Form fix (fix by Rod Roark)
  • Backup fixes (fixes by Rod Roark)
  • Demographics fix (fix by Ken Chapple)
  • Messaging improvement (by Stephen Waite)
  • PHP 8 fixes (fixes by Stephen Waite)
  • MySQL 8 fix (fix by Rod Roark)
3 Likes

This is great news Brady. Looking forward to seeing if the session fixes help my users.

Do you have more information on the messaging improvement?

Thanks. A couple of upgrades from 6.0.0 Patch 1 have gone OK.

1 Like

hi @midder, there was a bug and an improvement with the message area, nothing major like what has been identified as issues.

Perfect. That improvement with the message area was what I was hoping to see. Thank you!

1 Like

Would it be possible to have a more detailed set of release notes published? “Billing fixes” doesn’t tell us what is being fixed or where. It doesn’t help us to focus anywhere in particular when unit testing prior to releasr.
I’d hope this is all information that you all (or at a minimum each individual developer) have a grasp on.

Otherwise - great work so far and keep it coming!

I’m still seeing inconsistent behavior with the timeouts. Specifically it times out prior to the value configured in settings.

Is it possible to get a list of specific issues addressed in each release using some kind of release tag or similar at OpenEMR · GitHub?

Hi @JeffreyCL, prob easiest to look at the commits in between patches on rel-600 for specifics.

When the OpenEMR Docker Image Repository was updated ~20 days ago, did this include the changes found in the 2nd patch of OpenEMR 6.0.0?

yes @sophisticated_acquis, it clones the rel-600 branch when it’s built