One provider e-billing via x12

anonymous wrote on Wednesday, October 28, 2009:

Is there a way to set the x12 provider information to only one provider’s information no matter who creates the x12 file?

Basically a front desk person creates the x12 file and submits it but instead of it containing their information it should contain the provider’s information (there’s only one provider in the office). I could have sworn i have seen thin option somewhere… but correct me if i am wrong and I am sure this is the case in many practices as physicians rarely do their own claim submissions instead of having an assistant or 3rd party do it.

sunsetsystems wrote on Wednesday, October 28, 2009:

The Fee Sheet has a dropdown for explicitly setting the rendering provider.  Use of the FS is necessary to code claims properly.

Rod 
(http://www.sunsetsystems.com/)

anonymous wrote on Friday, November 06, 2009:

Thanks Rod… I knew I had spotted that option somewhere.

ideaman911 wrote on Saturday, November 14, 2009:

Not that it is recommended procedure, but there is a “kludge” way to help this.  Assuming a single provider office, the security concerns would be small.  You can have a separate login created for the person who will do the preps you are discussing, but fill in the name, NPI etc with that of the provider, as though you were creating a second login for that provider.  The program will track that as a different provider, but report the name and NPI as the original provider for billing, so your actual clerical person can avoid “forgetting” to select the provider.

Rod & Brady - as I think about this, Chris is right about expectation.  We should consider adding a “pseudo” to the Admin - User setup to handle just such cases.  The “pseudo” would be the default provider shown when they login, but they would still have the ability to check a different provider.  Of course, multi-provider clinics would have to do the selects in any case.  Your thoughts?

Joe Holzer    Idea Man    315-622-9241     im@holzerent.com
http://www.holzerent.com

Does this allow for a single NPI to be processed? We have multiple providers however, only the supervising providers NPI should be used for X12 processing. Is this possible? We have been playing around with the concept and have not been able to successfully create a consistent situation for the x12 processing. We created insurance numbers and wonder if this should be bypassed and just use the Fee sheet for assigning the static npi for the CMS 1500 when executing x12 transactions?

Thanks