Old patient portal removal

Hi,

I am thinking it makes sense to remove the old onsite patient portal. Any thoughts on this?

thanks,
-brady

1 Like

I’m due a promotion! Do I need to watch my back or Portal two is next? Does this mean my portal will now be called Portal One? I’ve got a hundred more of these if wanted :slight_smile:
I think it can go, after all it will be done in new release.

@sjpadgett

drumroll :drum:

The old patient portal was just officially removed. Many thanks to the folks that supported and built the old patient portal, which created the inspiration for the new portal! Bye Bye old patient portal, you will be missed.

Thank you for the amazing music video tribute :slight_smile:

Yes it does. I personally would not open it as it is a liability.

@stephenwaite, @brady.miller, @sjpadgett, @mincey85
Hello all,
I would like to update the documentation. May I update this wiki:

https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Patient_Portal

with something in parenthesis, after Portal 1 heading, such as:

this portal has been removed since March of 2019, version (please help me with the version number here) due to security issues.
Officially, Patient Portal version 2 is the only Patient Portal available at this time. As of version (version above + 0.0.1)

or something like that?
Comments welcome.

thanks
sandra

Hi @gutiersa ,
Definitely feel free to update the documentation. It was removed in 5.0.2 (so last version that contained the version 1 portal was 5.0.1) and no need to mention security (wasn’t a security issue; was basically because the version 2 portal was way better because of @sjpadgett :slight_smile: )

@gutiersa I’ve decided to support PHP 7.4 for Onsite and will be in Patch(4). I’ll send you a quick patch sometime today so you can poke around. Right now though only thing not working I know of on your test site is Profile edit send for admin review.
Also, let me know when you have composer and npm installed for your master setup. Don’t forget a git client.
Thanks for updating documentation.

Got all three already git, composer and npm
sure thing, np. I meant it when I said I wanted to work on bringing together and updating documentation.
Thank you!