OEMR.org site update

bradymiller wrote on Thursday, February 25, 2016:

Hi,

Starting this thread to discuss updating the OEMR.org site update. Here are my quick thoughts after looking through the website(just my thoughts to get to a starting point):

1. Home page, focus discussion on OEMR organization and open source with a lesser blurb about OpenEMR. Also get a nice OEMR org logo going.
  2. ‘About’ tab. Keep ‘Current Board Members’(update), ‘History’(mostly focus on OEMR org), ‘Legal’(update), ‘Minutes’(update), ‘ONC Certification’(update). Add a ‘Members’ page here when there is content for it.
  3. Remove ‘OpenEMR Insights’ tab.
  4. Remove ‘Community’ tab.
  5. Remove ‘Download’ tab.
  6. Remove ‘Project Developer Forum’ tab.
  7. Remove ‘Manual’ tab.
  8. Add a ‘Forum’ tab that links to https://sourceforge.net/p/openemr/discussion/oemr_501c3/

-brady
OpenEMR

blankev wrote on Thursday, February 25, 2016:

Now we have something to go on… THis week for sure I am on a very tight schedule, but after the weekend if nothing comes in between I can start on you suggestions and when I meet some mountains to climb I will ask for advise on how to aproach.

-Pimm

bradymiller wrote on Friday, March 04, 2016:

Hi,

On a related note, I’ve created a wiki page to centralize all the most recent OEMR folks and activities. Note there are several questions which stem from unclear minutes (at least in my brain):
http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OEMR_wiki_page

The goal is too keep this wiki page very brief and updated until the oemr website is fixed up.

-brady
OpenEMR

tmccormi wrote on Friday, March 04, 2016:

Why would you get rid of OpenEMR Insights? It’s a full project/baseline for implementing Pentaho Reporting with OpenEMR (funded by IPPF for the OEMR).

The rest I generally agree with, but not having links back to the open-emr.org as a OEMR supported project seems like a mistake, maybe not a whole tab for that, just relevant links.

The mission of OEMR is to support open health related projects like, but not exclusively, OpenEMR, so we need create a “Support Projects Section”

bradymiller wrote on Saturday, March 05, 2016:

Hi,

Guess I am a bit confused why OpenEMR Insights is associated with OEMR. If it’s a project, where is the codebase on github etc?

Could have a ‘Supported Projects’ tab with OpenEMR, OpenEMR Insights, etc with a page for each with a quick blurb and links back to the main project pages.

I was also able to revive many of the missing minutes and oemr docs on the wiki page:
http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OEMR_wiki_page
(many of these were missing on the oemr website)

-brady
OpenEMR

fsgl wrote on Saturday, March 05, 2016:

Would strongly encourage keeping History from the About tab unchanged except for the strike-outs.

Very instructive to have old minutes recovered for all those who serve in OEMR. Great source of guidance for future activities.

aethelwulffe wrote on Saturday, March 05, 2016:

Personally, I still feel very strongly that the OEMR site should not be stripped down, rather built up as a quality resource.
I don’t find this forum or the open-emr.org wiki to be a professional end-user resouce. Not insulting it or anything, I just don’t know of any average user (and I have daily exposure to many, many, many) that isn’t instantly turned off and confused by the material or the organization. They try the “help” link one time, then forever after call my cell number.

tmccormi wrote on Sunday, March 06, 2016:

re: OpenEMR Insights - The code is hosted on OEMR’s github account and is available for download (links provided when you register your interest)

The code was donated specifically to the OEMR (not to the open-emr project)

bradymiller wrote on Sunday, March 06, 2016:

Hi Art,

The open-emr.org wiki and this forum have worked very well because the learning curve to use them and contribute to them is very low. Because of this, the wiki has an expansive amount of useful information. When you start trying to increase the sophistication of the tools (ie. website editing) then there are less people around that know how to use them and you will get less contributions and less useful subtance. The point is to strip down the OEMR site to a more useful, accurate, and up to date form and then more quality substance can be added.

-brady
OpenEMR

fsgl wrote on Monday, March 07, 2016:

If Board members feel protective of the OEMR website, it would be good to remove the strike-outs as a first order of business. It’s the equivalent of using “White-Out” back in the days when documents were produced on typewriters.

Nostalgic members can also bring the topics up to date. Presently it has a disheleved appearance.

Tidying & up-dating should not mean throwing out everything from the past. There are such things as heirlooms.

The Board should come to a consensus as to what is junk (strike-outs), what is heirloom (History) & what needs to be renovated.

Over the past 4 years many articles have been added to the Wiki with the average user in mind. Following Rod’s example there has been a concerted effort to provide illustrations to accompany texts to facilitate comprehension. Supplementary Topics are now organized according to subject matter, thanks to David Eschelbacher. A neophyte should find about 97-98% of the knowledge needed for competent deployment of OpenEMR in the Wiki.

The Fora are places to fill gaps in the knowledge base, solve problems unique to a practice & to explore new customizations. It may not be the snappiest website on the planet; but if I were a new user having a problem installing OE, I would be more interested in the contents rather than the packaging.

It was not that long ago in the pre-Allura era when there was no such animal as the Edit button. I remember many of the developers bemoaning that fact & on more than one occasion. Even adding a named link was a big deal. The present search engine may not be as zippy nor accurate as Google, but it is a vast improvement over the old.

If developers’ phones are ringing “off the hook”, what is so terrible about that? We all want to earn enough so we can retire & not work until we are 95 years old.

bradymiller wrote on Tuesday, March 08, 2016:

Hi,

regarding comment above:
“The mission of OEMR is to support open health related projects like, but not exclusively, OpenEMR.”

Wouldn’t it make sense to only focus on OpenEMR ?

-brady
OpenEMR

tmccormi wrote on Friday, March 18, 2016:

I removed all NON administrators for now and I updated the Board members http://www.oemr.org/about_openemr/current_board_members/

Please check me…

bradymiller wrote on Tuesday, May 03, 2016:

Hi,

I just did a quick non-invasive update of the oemr.org site to make things at least accurate and/or provide a link to find the information.

-brady
OpenEMR

bradymiller wrote on Monday, July 18, 2016:

Hi,

The oemr.org site has been redone and is now being served from github pages. It’s still a work in progress, but all the critical content is there.

Check it out here:

This site will be easy to maintain/update/create content since it is stored here on github:

-brady
OEMR Organization

robertdown wrote on Monday, July 18, 2016:

Brady has moved all the content over, I’m working on a few style changes. This will be a nice refresh to the site.

On Jul 18, 2016, at 02:15, Brady Miller bradymiller@users.sf.net wrote:

Hi,

The oemr.org site has been redone and is now being served from github pages. It’s still a work in progress, but all the critical content is there.

Check it out here:
http://www.oemr.org/

This site will be easy to maintain/update/create content since it is stored here on github:
GitHub - oemr501c3/oemr501c3.github.io: OEMR501c3 Website

-brady
OEMR Organization

OEMR.org site update

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/openemr/discussion/oemr_501c3/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/