OEMR Board Meeting - Wednesday, January 10th, 2018

This is the forum thread for the OEMR Board Meeting on Wednesday, January 10th, 2018

Hi OEMR! I was catching up with your calls and reading over the IRS letters. From my understanding, OEMR filed as 501c3, which is considered as an exclusively exempt for religious, charitable, scientific, educational purposes. And also can’t raise funds to contribute personal interest. Which is why I believe the IRS denied. They are seeing OEMR is a charity that has vested interested to fund openemr.

I concluded this after reading the letters but am not giving out legal advice.

1 Like

Hi @Duc_Tran1 ,

Thanks for the input. A long book could be written on this subject. OEMR is still looking into options and is considering a restructuring pending more input from experts. Looking forward to discussing this in more detail at the meeting.

See you at the meeting!

-brady

Would like to talk about/vote on the sponsorship of the getting the Lab requisition form in working order. Sherwin has sent me a very reasonable cost estimate for what I feel is an essential feature.

Just leaving this note here for when we put together for formal agenda.

cc: @juggernautsei

Here is the Agenda for January 10, 2017 OEMR Board Meeting:

1. Call to Order. Roll call.

2. Approval of prior meeting minutes.

1. November 8, 2017 Board Meeting.

3. Financial Report

Balance Sheet_12_31_2017.pdf (91.3 KB)
Profit & Loss–4th_quarter_2017.pdf (81.2 KB)
Profit & Loss–12_2017.pdf (80.2 KB)

4. Unfinished Business

• Revocation status.
  • Organization restructuring.
  • AWS Partnership.
  • WONCA South Asia Region Conference Followup.
  • Marketing.
  • Conference outreach.
  • Raising funds.
  • Conflict of interest policy.
  • Trademarking.
  • Join OSI.

5. New Business

• Funding to start FHIR
  • Funding for Lab requisition form
  • Open Collective accounting

6. Public and Community Concerns

7. Next Board Meeting on February 4, 2018

8. Adjourn Board Meeting

thank you @brady.miller, uploaded oemr gnucash balance sheet and profit and loss statements

nice uptick to end the year, ~$1,300 donations, thanks to @robert.down for featuring giving with an attractive image and warm message

other than that pretty much the same story as last month: OEMR Board Meeting - Wednesday, December 13th, 2017

should get the irs letter this week or next spelling out the court options

looking forward to speaking with John; trying to set up a phone call

cheers

edit: spoke with John, very nice call, he’s going to reach out to his contacts to see if they’re in agreement with him; he will be happy to lend us any needed assistance to move to 501c6 and set up new 501c3

1 Like

Here’s the audio for the 1/10/18 board meeting:

-brady

1 Like