OEMR and Vendors to represent OpenEMR at OSHERA conference

tmccormi wrote on Thursday, May 28, 2015:

Several of us in the community have been asked to speak and represent the OpenEMR project on panels at the upcoming OSHERA conference

So far it’s myself as president of OEMR and MI2, Shameem from ZHH, Ramesh (and others) from Ensoftek.

We are interested in what the community would like to convey about our project to the world…

–Tony, Shameem and Ramesh

tmccormi wrote on Tuesday, June 09, 2015:

Hmm … no interest at all in this? I don’t think you get how big a deal this is …

Press Release | OSEHRA | June 8, 2015
June 8, 2015-Arlington, VA – The Open Source Electronic Health Record Alliance (OSEHRA) is pleased to announce that the Honorable Robert A. McDonald, U.S. Secretary of Veterans Affairs, will serve as the keynote speaker for its fourth annual summit, entitled Community-Powered Healthcare IT Solutions. Secretary McDonald will speak on the morning of July 30 at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel and Conference Center. “We are honored to have Secretary McDonald address our community,” said LTG (ret.) James B. Peake, M.D., Chairman of the OSEHRA Board of Directors and former U.S. Secretary of Veterans Affairs. “OSEHRA was established by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs in 2011 to foster innovation and serve as a hub of open source EHR activity. As we approach our fourth anniversary, the VA and the entire open source community are seeing the fruits of that initiative. We are pleased to welcome the Secretary, and are grateful for VA’s continued support of open source.” http://bit.ly/1dYt1I5

fritomd wrote on Saturday, June 13, 2015:

Thank you for participating. I would like to see as much publicity as possible for OEMR. What I would really like to see is the 501c receiving a grant to continue development. I am no expert, but I feel that OEMR is the best open-source application for a outpatient clinic environment.

tmccormi wrote on Tuesday, June 16, 2015:

Thanks! We think that too. In order to do the grant thing we need to be very well organized and have some support from folks that know how to write grants. We are hoping that some kind of collaboration or alliance with OSHERA will move us in that direction.

tmccormi wrote on Monday, July 27, 2015:

Announcement …
http://www.openhealthnews.com/hotnews/osehra-conference-feature-open-health-panel