New real time chat option for openEMR community

robertdown wrote on Monday, March 13, 2017:

We are proud to announce chat.open-emr.org! This new chat platform can help expedite conversations and further development of openEMR as a software and our community as a whole.

This new platform has also allowed us to integrate free, basic support right into our website! The hope is this will help new users or people looking at openEMR more easily find answers to their questions.

However, as we a community of volunteers we need your help. Currently we have 3 people commited to “staff the chat lines” but we would love to see a few more people step up and offer some of their time to answer questions and provide basic support. If this is something you can offer, please reach out to me or brady.

We recommend using one of the social login features instead of creating an account (Though you certainly can make a local account).

We’d love to hear your feedback about our new chat platform

2 Likes

This is amazing. i’m so logging in right away.

1 Like

Unable to access the chat. Getting a

502 Bad Gateway
nginx/1.10.3 (Ubuntu)

Is it just me or other’s too experiencing this?

1 Like

Help @robert.down you might be our only hope!

chat is back in business :slight_smile:

1 Like

hi, chat seems to be unresponsive again.

hi @fkasmani ,

Just got it back up. The chat stuff has been causing headaches over last month. We plan to hopefully figure out what is causing them to crash so frequently soon and fix it.

-brady

Thanks @brady.miller

btw,
The chat is going down on almost a daily basis. We are restarting it when it happens, but is causing down times in chat. Hopefully we’ll get a fix for it soon.
-brady