New potential Onsite Patient Portal

sjpadgett wrote on Tuesday, December 20, 2016:

Demo portal site: www.opensourcedemr.us/patients login user = ‘jason9’ password = ‘none’
Demo OpenEMR v5 site: www.opensourcedemr.us login user = ‘admin’ password = ‘pass’ (creative huh!)
The portal dashboard is under Miscellaneous -> Portal Dashboard.
DEMO CLOSED
Please remember i’m an engineer and not a medical professional so, be gentle with me…

The features in both Portal and Portal Dashboard are pretty much self explainatory with a few that require some comment here:
Audits: There are currently three audits, demographics, patient document templates and online payments.
-Patient edits of profile are flagged for review by provider in Portal Dashboard. I wrote a small help in demographics revise/audit popup.
-Patient Documents are generated by importing the template in dashboard. The import automatically generates the menu item in portal. The template follows the same design as the existing OpenEMR template feature except allowing html tags and additional chart item tags with a form like funtion.This feature requires further devolopment to allow selecting to add template to a single portal patient and notify them to repond to document.

• Online Payments currently only allows collecting/encrypting credit card info for dashboard user to process credit card then apply payment for posting.
    -Secure Messaging is patient mail interface to Messages pnotes.
    -Secure Chat allows realtime chats with patients or between OpenEMR users. Chat also allows sending a message to one/many or all authorized chat users when they are offline so message is available when user logs in. Useful for maybe notifing all patients of say, practice hours are changing. Also note chat is run through a table so all chats are logged and patient chat users can only see messages sent to them by admin while admin can see and chat with multiple users.
  • Signature are stored for each user to be able to click in signing forms where implemented. All patients or users have opportunity to file their signature. I created this plugin for signing federal DOT certification forms by patient and examiners in my occupational health stuff. While my DOT in-form signing works well on a tablet, I have not tested portal implementation on same.
  • Important. Version 5 tabs currently has problems with M.S Edge (wants to stay contained in left nav) but portal works. Important to note to use separate browsers if you want to run portal and dashboard at same time i.e. dashboard in Firefox and portal in Edge or Chrome visa versa. I do have reason for this behaviour and not a bug.
    I hope everyone will find this feature useful.

medfetch wrote on Tuesday, December 20, 2016:

Hi Jerry,
Very nice indeed!

I am assuming the Patient Documents area is customizable based on your note because they are born from templates. I see the template upload option on the practice side. Is it easy to modify what is already there, rather than adding a new template? Is the current Patient Documents available? I do not see it in the “Miscellaneous-> Document Templates”. Is that where I would look for it?

For example, in Patient Docments->Insurance Info, can you briefly explain how to add an additional field such as a blank text input or select (options from Practice Insurance list) for people with commercial insurances (ie not Medicare/Medicaid)? Please note, I am not an engineer but a user so be gentle this way too…

This onsite portal is a major advancement. Thank you!
Ray

I haven’t documented the template side because I want to write an editor specific to templates but I will upload the insurance template if that helps give an idea. Maybe I can list available tags I have so far in a little while.

These are tags i’ve added to get user input the rest of the tags are from Rod Roark’s module. I would think it is documented somewhere what they are, I just don’t know where.
{AdminSignature} - still needs locking
{PatientSignature} - still needs locking
{TextInput}
{CheckMark}
{ynRadioGroup}
Also, template file must be text until I can get to xml/docx mime type editing.Really with html tags formatting document should be easy.
The dashboard provides auditing document after patient completes form in portal. So from dashboard the document can be added to charted documents or downloaded. Still need to put some nicities in like what category to place doc and delete esixting templates. I may, don’t remember, overwrite if template is already in place.

mdsupport wrote on Tuesday, December 20, 2016:

Awesome!
Few comments based on our experience:

1. Current portal uses standard emr forms (e.g. demographics). Those are laid out for clinical / staff use and not that friendly to the patient. In addition, practices want to hide specific fields if they are not relevant to the patient. As a result we had to come up with a mapping process that reorganized the layout.
  2. Authentication is a major issue. Have you thought about linking external authentication based on email / phone in the patient record that they will not be able to directly update?
  3. I would think signature will require some kind of verification that someone has not hijacked the session - password / sms code?
  4. Hope you are planning to contribute the code in which case please keep up with dev as there are several mass changes in libraries as well as components.
  5. Please consider use of top main menu and side sub-menus for navigation - preferably leveraging native bootstrap classes.
    Look forward to watching the progress.

bradymiller wrote on Saturday, December 24, 2016:

Hi Jerry,
Is the demo down? Was unable to login today.
-brady