New artifact shows after upgrade 5.0.0 patch 7 to 5.0.2 patch 4

Situation
I have recently upgraded from a rather stable 5.0.0(7) all the way to 5.0.2(4). Starting with xampp 1.8.2.
Here are my steps in order:
1.) recollated initial database using tool to “utf8_general_ci” mentioned here
2. ) exported openemr DB to sql file using cmd line
3.) moved xampp instance aside and upgraded xampp 1.8.2 (PHP: 5.4.31, mysql: 5.5.39) to xampp 7.2.32-0 (php 7.2.32-0 etc)
4.) reimported openemr DB (using cmd line) to new xampp and added current openemr instance version, keep in mind we are still on 5.0.0 and php.ini settings have been double checked
5.) upgraded to 5.0.1
6.) upgraded to 5.0.1 patch 7
7.) upgraded to 5.0.2 also encountering this
8.) upgraded to 5.0.2 patch 4

Chief complaint
everything looks good except I have an artifact on the screen, pictured below

it appears to be rendering as though it were expected and it is accurate.

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 5.0.2(4)

Browser:
I’m using: Chrome 84 (latest)

Operating System
I’m using: Windows 7

Logs
Did you check the logs? Was there anything pertinent in them? Paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability

Nothing generated.

Hi @petersmm, best to run 5.0.2 with the tabs interface. Upcoming version 6 has no frames support. Thank you.

Hi there Stephen,

I would have to agree there, however apparently after checking, the same issue is on tabs as well. Thoughts?

hi @petersmm, could you share that shot too please?

also, any idea what that reminder text to 9809 might be? Like a pt reminder for instance?

I’ve recreated in frames but not tabs. Not sure what a fix would be but, if I get a chance i’ll look at. I’m just not sure where in tabs this would show up…

1 Like

Yes that’s the number of “unread” messages. It’s the correct value always just rendering inappropriately.

In code, this is specific to left nav and frames. Still i’ll see if I can do a quick fix and give you a quick patch so you can continue to use frames however, like @stephenwaite indicated, you should get use to using tabs.

Below find a patch that has fix for left nav messages count and I also included @stephenwaite ICD10 2020 updated zips that were not in patch 4.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ZCe-URwSX0B1DHeP3L9DAfqeyhkIv8G/view?usp=sharing

2 Likes