Need help setting up OpenEMR

Good morning from Toronto. I am working on an OpenEMR instance for a small clinic in a public hospital in Ethiopia. I am a business systems analyst but don’t know code. I am able to customize the layouts, global parameters, etc but don’t have background in SQL, JavaScript, PNP, etc. I need help with: setting up a backup and recovery process; building forms and reports; problem-solving OpenEMR errors; advice on hosting (currently my OpenEMR instance is on AWS), etc.

I’m doing this work as a volunteer for a Canadian charity/NGO, so I need to have a good feel for the cost of hiring someone to help, by the hour, day or for one month.

The instance I’ve created is OpenEMR 5.0.2, hosted on AWS.

Thanks.
Mary

Hi @MaryP,

I can surely help you, please mail me at ray.cis100@gmail.com with more details and add me on skype: live:ray_7950 for further discussion.

Regards,
Ray

Hi Ray, thanks.
I’ll email you later today.

Hi @MaryP,

Thanks for your reply. i will look forward for your email.

Regards,
Ray

@MaryP
Just for your information, here’s the list of certified professional support for OpenEMR.
https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Professional_Support

1 Like

Thank you @htuck. I write this not to complain, but as an FYI. I wrote to 4 of the companies on the list. Here’s what came back:

MMD in Canada – > Unfortunately, our OpenEMR services are targeted at larger enterprise-size organizations
HealthIT Kenya - email bounced
Claire Africa, also in Kenya - no reply at all
Medlink Uganda - email bounced and website N/A

Hence, my ‘help wanted’ ad

Thanks,
Mary

Hi @MaryP - Certainly, no offense taken, just trying to widen your options.
Good luck with your quest!

• Harley

Hi Mary,
If you are still looking out for some help, I would be interested as this is within my area of expertise.
You can reach me on andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com
Best Wishes,
Andrew

Hi Mary,
I can help you on background stuff as mentioned in post.
Else, let me know if you were able to found one

Thanks
Sandra

Hi @MaryP,

I have done so many customizations in OpenEMR and I have expertise in PHP, MySQL, AWS with around 6+ years of experience. I would love to help you regarding the same.

Thanks,
Roshan

very helpful list! thanks htuck!