NDC Code Box is missing for CPT codes. Help

Today we added the cpt code for 2016/2017 influenza immunization.

There is no area to add the NDC code necessary for billing.

It was there last year but not today.

The NDC code is required to bill medicare.

Please help.
Thanks
Jeff Guillory
Lumberton, TX

Hi @nursejeff, just tested on a demo site running 5.0.0(3) and the NDC box showed up fine

did you add it under Admin->Codes?

Thanks,

Yes I did. I must be going something wrong though. I went to demo site today which is running v5.0.0.4 and entered the cpt code 90668 but the NDC code did not appear.

I wonder what I am doing wrong.

Jeff

hi @nursejeff, it won’t pop up in the codes entry where it probably should but does it pop up in the fee sheet?

@stephenwaite i need the link to the demo site. thanks

Elijah_Wisdom

No, It did not show up in the fee sheet. On my system or the demo, when I tried it.

The link for the demo page is: http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Development_5.0.0_Demo

NurseJeff

Ah, there it is.

I entered it as a CPT instead of a HCPCS code.

I figured it out.

Thanks everyone.

NurseJeff

Well I thought I had this issue resolved but I do not.

The payer is asking for an NDC codes on claims. The CPT code is 90688. I used Admin->Codes and entered the CPT code but there is no NDC code associated with this code on the fee sheet.

HCPCS codes have the ability to add the NDC but CPT codes do not. How do I get this function in there?

Is no on else having claims rejected due to this?

The NDC number is supposed to be in LIN segment of Loop 2410. CPT codes are supposed to be in SV1 Segment of Loop 2400. This was from a letter from Cigna.

Thanks

Jeff

hi @nursejeff, don’t think anybody will object if you change the code to be hcpcs on the openemr side so you can enter the ndc code for now

going forward we can beef up the code to support both code types

Jeff,
Did you ever get a resolution to the NDC code dilemma? I am getting denials as well. Will you please share your solution? I am running 4.2.2 on Xampp. Thanks.

hi @gmandra please try changing the type of the procedure code to hcpcs under admin->codes and you’ll have a box to enter the NDC on the fee sheet

Stephen,
Got it. Thank you for your quick reply. Is there a way of saving the NDC code to a HCPCS code so I don’t manual input it in Fee Sheet every time I use the HCPCS code? Again thanks.

it should remember your last entry and be filled when you select the code
do you add new service codes to admin->lists->fee sheet?

Thanks Stephen the HCPCS worked!!. My fee sheet list is not as extensive as I’d like it to be. Thanks for your help!!!