MySQL Lock files

I recently got what seemed like a terrific deal from Sourceforge – 3TB of continuously updated cloud data backup, 256 bit AES encrypted, lifetime subscription for ~$65 from Degoo.com.

I installed it to back up my OpenEMR system, but it makes the MySQL service under XAMPP stop running unexpectedly several times a day. Restarting MySQL manually restores the OpenEMR system to proper operation. I expect there is some conflict between the MySQL lock files and the continuous Degoo backup process.

What file name(s) should I exclude from the backup list to keep MySQL to operating normally? Thanks!

hi @Wizard353 if this is v5.0.0 then you’re running innodb which prefers mysqldump for backups

Stephen,
Yes, I’m running 5.0.0.3 under Windows 7. All of OpenEMR resides under the directory string of O:\xampp\htdocs\openemr… on the server. I do my nightly backups by shutting down MySQL and then Apache before copying the entire xampp directory and all subdirectories to two other encrypted drives on different machines. I then restart Apache and MySQL.

That scheme has worked effectively for me for the past 2 years, and I have even been able to restore a working image to a different machine, mostly as an experiment to prove to myself that the backup produced an operational restored system (How many of us have actually tried to load and operate one of our backup images?)

I though adding Degoo would add an extra layer of protection. OpenEMR won’t work as I have it installed when MySQL is shut down.

hi @Wizard353 is there a separate path to the mysql database on xampp outside of htdocs/openemr ?