LBV form vs surveys

Hi I am quite new here.

I am trying to add some extra info about athletes on the from of patient.
Data like trainer name, whether they are vaccinated etc.

I am wondering what is the best place to put these information.

1. Should I just put extra fields on my default patient forms?
  2. Should I create a new LBV form?
  3. Should I create a new CDR?

I 'd like to know when to use the one or the other solution.

Thanks in advance.

You have several options, but if you need this for every patient, it might be best to add a field using Layouts to the Demographic screen. The following view is of a sample patient in an unedited demographic view.

You can go to the layout screen by selecting Administration → Forms → Layouts. You have several options but for your purposes either Demographics or History may work. For demonstration purposes I will put values in History->Other

I will add a field that is a checkbox with the title “Vaccinated”. I will also add a text box so you can add notes if necessary. I select “Add Field”

Then enter in the following information:

I click save. Then I go to the History → Other field and I see my new field.

Using the layout editor can be tedious and sometimes painful, but you can look at other layouts to get an idea of what values to put for “Label Cols” and “Data Cols”.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

I don’t think a new NVF form is necessary. To place the coach, you can do it in Demographics, modifying a custom field:

You can even create a list of trainers (administration/form/lists) and then choose that coach.

For immunizations, I would use the patient dashboard:
trainer3

We should see what other data you need.

The immunizations widget is perfect if you are tracking all vaccines or if you’re administering vaccines. I probably should have clarified when you stated “is vaccinated” I assumed that you meant for Covid only? If not, I apologize so using the vaccine widget is the proper way. There is also a “historical” checkbox that would need to be checked if you are recording a vaccine that is not associated with an encounter.

I thought it was recommended to steer clear of modifying the Demographics custom fields as they’re prone to error, and should instead add a new field.

Yes, it is better not to modify them. But there are 4 fields created for the user to define. use one of them