Layout-Based Visit Forms

I’m using version Version Number: v5.0.1 (4) and the option for layout based visit form is not listed under administration -> List, i there a way to add it back to that area?

Could you share what your end goal is?
The system has changed and the way you get to the LBF forms have changed.

Yes, i’m attempting to create a custom form that i’m able to create my own fields, and be able to enter data

Now all you have to do is go to Layouts and select new layout. Fill in the information and create your form.

Cheers.

Thank you for that information, it worked and i was able to do a preview of the form. I have one more question which i hope isn’t a dumb question. But after the form is created, i’m not seeing the form anywhere even after i create the patient, or open an existing patient, is there a default location where the form may be?

hi @harmone75, think by default creation they are under the clinical tab in the encounter.

In the layout based forms if you keep the title long - let’s say you have a form with very long questions then there is a horizontal scroll bar that appears making you scroll to the side to get to the list, radio button or whatever data type you chose. Not that the title length (lbf value) is like 63 default but I had to increase it in edit_layouts.php

Can anyone please help me get a text wrap code or something else that would cause a long title to come into 2 or 3 lines so that it wouldn’t cause a scroll bar?

Willing to pay for that although you must also realize this will benefit the whole community if this feature is added.

If you can help, please reply to this post.

Thanks

Jit, there is already a line wrap capability in lbf rendering although, i’m unsure when and how it is enforced.(been awhile since looking over).

A new styling option could be added to the layout engine if necessary where i’m thinking I could do this for $10,000.00.:slight_smile:

Kidding. If I can get some time tonight, i’ll take a quick look see…

2 Likes

@Jit_Chawla
I’m guessing this is what you’re talking about:(disregard my titles as I grabbed it from a PR review comment I was doing)

I hope this is version v6.0.0 we’re working on as I promised myself to quit supporting 5.0.2. I have a feeling that is once again about to be a broken promise.:slight_smile:

And please don’t leave me hanging here w/responses to my questions as many do for days as I have a focus on this now and will not come back. Harsh I know but, my attention span is that of a 4 y/o these days!!

1 Like

@Jit_Chawla
Finally got it!!! hurah

Responsive too:

You also got to admit the Encounter Preview in layouts editor is handy!
And did it with 3 lines of code! Applause Please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s right, Jerry your contributions are great and I, for one, really feel lucky to have you in OpenEMR! Not many engineers as talented as you are. Many will benefit from your time/effort and you should be called out as you contribute!!

Sincerely,
Jit Chawla
ACE Health Solutions

Extended title to 3K for folks that need long descriptive prompts for data types.
Anyone wanting to have the above changes see LBF title length by sjpadgett · Pull Request #4095 · openemr/openemr · GitHub
Will be in patch 6 whenever that happens and v6.0.0.

1 Like