Lab Requisition Form

Hi all,

I’m trying to generate a lab form like so:

Here is my procedure in an encounter:

I’m not seeing a “Lab Requistion Form” link:

How can this be enabled?

Note: This is a “Procedure Provider” that is local / not configured with a push/pull external lab.

Thanks,
Matthew

hi Matthew, maybe under patient reports from the main patient page?

but good pt, it would be nice to have something under the procedure section that is nicely formatted for sure

Hey @stephenwaite,

Oh, that makes perfect sense. I will update the Wiki entry so it is more clear.

Thanks,

Matthew Vita

Hi @MatthewVita, I’m trying to find the Lab Requisition Form. Did you find it?

Hi @robertovasquez,

I updated the wiki to point at some additional resources, but you have two options… you can simply export the patient report from the main patient page, but you’re probably looking for something more advanced. Please watch @juggernautsei’s excellent video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEk4QZ1Pl3k he lists out how to patch the form into your system in the comment section.

Thanks,
Matthew

Thanks Matthew, I will take my time to read ALL the comments on @juggernautsei videos from now on . :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, the lab req form is very well done.

I installed the lab requisition form. I tried to run on the recent dev-tip 5.0.1 and got a white screen after its installation. PHP error log gave me this -

[Tue Dec 26 23:17:32.597955 2017] [:error] [pid 6256:tid 2020] [client 117.194.206.100:50934] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘C:/xampp/htdocs/openemr/library/lab.inc’ (include_path=’\xampp\php\PEAR’) in C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\interface\forms\requisition\new.php on line 33, referer: http://nahahealthclinic.no-ip.org/openemr/interface/patient_file/encounter/encounter_top.php?set_encounter=204

Can you please fix this??

@arnabnaha,
Issue may be arised when file is not found. So can you please check whether the file lab.inc is present under openemr/library.
Let us know if you have further clarifications.

Thanks,
ViSolve

Thanks @visolveemr. I introduced the lab.inc file from github branch of Sherwin…still giving a white page while executing the form. Might be some compatibility issue as the code is pretty old but it was a good feature, so can request @juggernautsei to fix this as per the new codes and include it into the code base for everyone.

@arnabnaha @visolveemr
The code for the lab requisition form is outdated at this point. I would not recommend using it in the tip at all.
If I had some sponsorship, I could update the code and do some refactoring of the code for the future.

I’m thinking your lab req. form is an important form that should be in good working order at all times. Can you email me an estimate for sponsorship?

@arnabnaha @robertovasquez

Here is the PR for the updated requisition form.

@arnabnaha @robertovasquez

Greetings, have you had time to check out the updated requisition form?
I am looking for feedback, please.

Sure, I will begin asp, i ll give you my feedback this weekend

@robertovasquez Thanks for giving me a hand with the review of the form. I hope @arnabnaha is able to do the same soon.

1 Like

@juggernautsei
My review at
Openemr/pull/1392

@robertogagliotta I would suggest creating a new order. Previous orders may not have all the correct pieces that are required to create the requisition form. I am going to change that note to say what parts are missing.

@juggernautsei can you point me to the branch in your github account that has the complete code for this lab requisition Form testing.