Issues with adding patients on Windows 10 using Chrome

Situation
Hi - has anyone else had any issues with adding patients on Windows 10 using Chrome? I have not problem logging in with my client account and I can create patients, but they are not able to - something seems to be blocking the script that closes the modal window and confirms the patient addition

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 5.0.1 (with patch 3)

Browser:
I’m using: Chrome MacOS - but the client is using Chrome on Windows 10

Operating System
I’m using: 10.13.5 for me, unsure on number on the Surface tablet.

Logs
Did you check the logs? Was there anything pertinent in them? Paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability

This is the error we get - on their Microsoft Surface devices using Chrome and Windows 10:

dialog.js?v=41:134 [Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
includeScript @ dialog.js?v=41:134
dialog.js?v=41:144 Needed to load:[ /public/assets/jquery-ui-1-12-1/jquery-ui.min.js ] For: [ https://openemr.sitename.com/interface/patient_file/summary/demographics.php?set_pid=503 ]
dialog.js?v=41:622 Modal loaded and sized! Content:502 Viewport:502 Modal height:100.0000vh Max height:90vh isHeader:True  isFooter:False
dialog.js?v=41:144 Needed to load:[ /public/assets/jquery-ui-1-12-1/jquery-ui.min.js ] For: [ https://openemr.sitename.com/interface/main/calendar/add_edit_event.php?date=20180621&eid=949 ]
2dialog.js?v=41:438 Modal hidden then removed!
new_search_popup.php?mf_fname=First Name&mf_lname=Last Name&mf_DOB=08%2F30%2F2004&close:170 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'document' of null
    at new_search_popup.php?mf_fname=First Name&mf_lname=Last Name&mf_DOB=08%2F30%2F2004&close:170
dialog.js?v=41:622 Modal loaded and sized! Content:500 Viewport:502 Modal height:99.6016vh Max height:96vh isHeader:False  isFooter:False
4new_search_popup.php?mf_fname=First Name&mf_lname=Last Name&mf_DOB=08%2F30%2F2004&close:149 Uncaught ReferenceError: dlgclose is not defined
    at HTMLInputElement.onclick (new_search_popup.php?mf_fname=First Name&mf_lname=Last Name&mf_DOB=08%2F30%2F2004&close:149)
15new_search_popup.php?mf_fname=First Name&mf_lname=Last Name&mf_DOB=08%2F30%2F2004&close:149 Uncaught ReferenceError: dlgclose is not defined
    at HTMLInputElement.onclick (new_search_popup.php?mf_fname=First Name&mf_lname=Last Name&mf_DOB=08%2F30%2F2004&close:149)
onclick @ new_search_popup.php?mf_fname=First Name&mf_lname=Last Name&mf_DOB=08%2F30%2F2004&close:149

If you can do it but they can’t, is there a popup or adblocker involved?

Hi Asher - On Friday last week I went onsite to the clinic to look into their settings. I did enable pop-ups for the site specifically in the Chrome settings, but they were never getting any alert icons in the URL bar to indicate a popup was being blocked. Also, my settings in Chrome are to block all pop-ups and ads but those modal windows are still being displayed. Additionally, they don’t get a prompt for push notifications when using the Patient Portal for the first time, and this modal error does show up on other areas in the system as well.

To determine if it was a permissions issue, I logged in as them on my computer and can do all actions without any issue.

I had my client do a test using Firefox and they are able to add new patients without an issue in that browser - however they are using Chrome for everything else and so they would like to be able to keep the EMR in the browser with everything else. So it seems to be a problem specific to Microsoft Surface, on Windows 10 when using Chrome.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Robb