Is there any optometrist using open emr I need your help I’m looking to start this program. I’m very new here

Is there any optometrist using open emr I need your help I’m looking to start this program. I’m very new here.

1 Like

I’m “kicking the tires”, so to speak, to see if OpenEMR could replace Revolution EHR at my optometry practice. Would like to know the results of this query, if there are other optometry practices using this.

Welcome to the OpenEMR world.

Hello
I too am looking to change to OpenEMR from Practice Director
I am waiting for anyone who is using OpenEMR to share with me their experiences. If anyone responds I will pass on the info to you.

1 Like

We installed Practice Director at the first practice I worked at after Optometry school in 2011. When we had it, the data lived in a Postgresql database that was on a server at our office. I don’t know if they moved to the cloud since then, as I only worked at that practice one year. Converting at least part of your current data into openEMR should be feasible, assuming your data is on your server.

I don’t know if, in its current state, openEMR could be used for the optical and contact lens parts of the business? Having the code, one could write a module to fill this gap. I was a software engineer for 10 years before I went into optometry, so the skill set is there (albeit a little dated & rusty). I just don’t know how steep the learning curve for this is…