Is there a file size limit in documents for an upload file

teryhill wrote on Monday, November 23, 2015:

Is there a file size limit in the document upload software for a pdf file?

Terry

tmccormi wrote on Monday, November 23, 2015:

You set the limit in PHP.INI max_upload_size if I recall, I usually set it to 32 Meg due to Diagnostic images.

However word of warning on PDF. For viewing in the Patient->Report the PDF gets converted by imagemajik to a JPG for inline viewing and printing, this can be a big problem/system drag and can cause root drive to fill up of the PDF is huge (like a 50 pages) or if the PDF was created at 1200 DPI or something. I’ve had all of those things happen.

tmccormi wrote on Monday, November 23, 2015:

Also note that the “upload fail” when the size is too big is not very informative and the user sometimes misses the fact that it failed.

My files of greater than 1.5 M are not uploading.
I have found the php.ini file and I have found the line that needs to be changed. My max-file is set to 2 M which is too small. How do I edit the file? When I open it with Gedit, it only opens in read-only mode. Should I be editing the pnp.ini under 7.1/cli or under 7.1/apache2?

Robert Rovner

@docrovner,
Accessing the system files you need root permission. So you can try by using the command sudo gedit /etc/php/7.1/apache2/php.ini(if u are using gedit & change the file path according to your location)

Thanks,
ViSolve

visolveemr,

I have managed to set my max_file_size to 8M using EDITOR. However, I am still unable to upload files larger than about 1.5 M. I changed the file to 8M and saved. Any other suggestions?

Robert Rovner

hi @docrovner, did you restart apache?

I reckon that would be helpful.

1 Like