Is it Possible to Bulk Decrypt Documents?

The client who I was helping for the past few years has decided to move to a commercial EMR platform. While I have given FTP access to their onboarding team, we discovered the patient documents are encrypted. Is there a way to bulk decrypt them or export documents from within Open EMR?

Thanks
Robb

Hi @apothik , that’s a bummer. You’d probably have to use a custom php script like this which will save the decrypted document in the same directory as the encrypted one.

Hi @stephenwaite - thank you so much for that. It wasn’t an easy decision for them. They’ve been using Open EMR since 2017 and it worked well. They had some changes come up that required them to use something different. That, and I am not as available for support as I was before the start of this year.

I forwarded the script to their new provider and they were asking if there was any pointers in converting that to Java as they don’t work in PHP.

Looking at what you sent, I should just be able to place that in my root and then run it with some modifications, correct?

Thank you again,
Robb

1 Like