iPad screen visibility problem

Situation
I’m having a different version (?) of a problem previously described by others. Namely, in at least some variants of version 5.0.X I (and others) had a problem wherein only the top 15% or so of the window (specifically the calendar) would show on the iPad. In my case I was generally able to resolve the issue simply by tipping the iPad on its side and using it in landscape mode. A limited search of the forms seemed to indicate that the problem should resolve after I upgraded to version 6.0.0. Generally, this has been the case. The calendar now works but what I refer to as “second level pop-ups” (make/edit appointment, prescriptions, etc.) now suffer the problem. Specifically, to my limited testing it appears that anything that requires OpenEMR to spawn a pop-up window will create such a window limited by displaying only the top 15 or so % of its data. One can scroll through the window and everything seems appropriately functional - it’s just that it’s very hard to see through the small “slot” of visibility. I’ve tried to try some of the solutions previously offered in the forums but most are limited by the disappearance of certain global and user settings between 5.0.2(x) and 6.0.0(1). Any ideas or suggestions? If I could find one pop-up that worked I could probably figure out why it worked and then use that information to coerce the others to work.

OpenEMR Version
6.0.0 Patch 1

Browser:
Firefox, Safari, Chrome

Operating System
Server running Ubuntu 20.04.2
Clients running Windows, Mac (both work) and iPad OS 14 (doesn’t work correctly)

iPad problem: explained better and with pictures

Attached are screenshots from my iPad demonstrating view problems that have popped up over the last few upgrades and updates.

501.1a and 501.1b show everything working as it should as of version 501(1). That is to say that both the initial calendar screen and the new appointment popup are shown to their full extent.

502.4a and 502.4b show the problem that developed with the upgrade to 502(4). Namely, The calendar screen is truncated and utilizes only approximately the upper 20% of the iPad screen. It is, however, functional within that 20% (can be scrolled and utilized within that limited portion of the window). Also, full screen utilization occurs when the iPad is rotated into a landscape orientation. This was mildly annoying but certainly didn’t detract from its usability, especially in view of the fact that as 502.4b shows, the popup shows completely and is also completely functional.

The upgrade to 600 (and patch 1) solved the calendar problem (the full screen is shown, as seen in 600.1a) however what appears to be the same problem now appears in popup windows as seen in 600.1b. Once again, it’s possible to scroll within the little letterboxed area at the top of the popup and the functionality appears appropriate, but it is quite annoying to have only this limited view available. Also, this limited view appears to be propagated throughout all (or at least many - I don’t use them all) of the popup windows that occasionally appear when utilizing OpenEMR (appointments, prescriptions, etc.).

Hi @Mouse55,
This bugged me to no end so sorry haven’t gotten back sooner but, well things came up.
I have a solution i’ll put up in a PR soon however, for a quick fix replace library/dialog.js
with attached. This is an IOS deal as always when dealing with iframes.

btw: be sure to clear browser cache when replaced

dialog.js (32.5 KB)

Queued for patch 3. fix content height on IOS mobile devices. by sjpadgett · Pull Request #4472 · openemr/openemr · GitHub

1 Like

Works like a dream. Thank you.