Instance Down post Large Patient Import

Hi All, I was working on an import using carecoordination module last night. Was attempting to import approximately 4k patients into my instance of openemr running in AWS. I am getting this error and my entire instance appears to be down. Thoughts?

I would consider restoring from backup before the import. That would give you room to move on your disk. Then start figuring out how to increase the size of disk or partition.

On google (gcp), i have encountered 3 times this happened to me. The first all i did was increase the disk size in the vm settings. That fixed everything and i was in my way. The 2nd time nothing happened and i had to go run a few additional linux commands to get the new size recognized. The 3rd time was the easy way.

I never figured out on the 2nd machine what i did to make it more complicated.

1 Like

also you can probably ssh into the machine and remove a bunch of the files in the tmp directory that clogged up your disk

1 Like

So i got the disk space issue cleared up and my instance is now back running. Now my issue is that the CCDA import function inside of the care coordination module is showing me a 504 gateway timeout.

just for informational purposes, my instance is back going. there was a timeout setting on my AWS that was increased from 1 min to 10 min.

on a continuing note, I’m still working on a mass import of several thousand patients and am trying to figure out a streamlined workflow. there is a button for “chart all pending” and wondering if this creates new patients for all in the list?

If there was more then just patient data, like encounters, and data from forms, and if the other system implemented fhir API then transferring data between the two endpoints via the API would seem like a good idea. I would not try this via the web UI if I was dealing with that many patients.

I wonder if there is a status update on the bulk import FHIR endpoint?