Installing module in docker

These are the misadventures of my day.

I was tasked with installing the claim rev module in a docker (@brad ).

Here are the steps I took.

sudo docker ps     //get container id

sudo docker exec -it <container_id> /bash/sh    //popped me into the container

wget <file from github>.zip

I unzipped the file into the interface/modules/custom_modules/oe-module-claimrev-connect-main

I thought I was home free at this point. I go back into the modules manager and I see the module.
Then, I enabled the module and ca-blewie. (I know made up word). All tabs went to unknown.

I logged into the database and deleted the module entry from the modules table and all the tabs came back to life.

What did I miss?

Yes, I checked the log file and there were no error messages that I could find in the log.

Does it work locally? Can you step through the bootstrap file on the module to identify where it broke?

My first thought is a classpath issue but normally that’d show up in the logs.

I have the module installed on a none docker instance. If there was a classpath issue, I think it would show up there unless the classpath is different in the docker container?

Shouldn’t be since it looks like its a self-contained module. What version of php is on your non-docker image versus the docker?

I ran php -v. I am not sure if that gives me the version of PHP that apache is accessing. On the docker it is 8.0.18, none 8.1.2.

I check the log and errors showed up today.

[Fri Feb 03 13:51:25.693910 2023] [php:warn] [pid 8730] [client 10.0.1.249:14772] PHP Warning:  require_once(/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/interface/modules/custom_modules/oe-module-claimrev-connect/src/Eligibility_ClaimRev_Service.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/library/ajax/execute_background_services.php on line 140, referer: https://valleycounselinginternal.com/interface/main/tabs/main.php?token_main=DhKJ816G7hZjDbEE4s8ZtQXiJI4Kw6JoS6oSyjxb

[Fri Feb 03 13:51:25.694164 2023] [php:error] [pid 8730] [client 10.0.1.249:14772] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Failed opening required '/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/interface/modules/custom_modules/oe-module-claimrev-connect/src/Eligibility_ClaimRev_Service.php' (include_path='/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/vendor/pear/archive_tar:/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/vendor/pear/console_getopt:/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/vendor/pear/pear_exception:.:/usr/share/php8') in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/library/ajax/execute_background_services.php:140\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/library/a

[Fri Feb 03 13:52:25.704820 2023] [php:warn] [pid 8729] [client 10.0.1.249:2522] PHP Warning:  require_once(/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/interface/modules/custom_modules/oe-module-claimrev-connect/src/billing_claimrev_service.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/library/ajax/execute_background_services.php on line 140, referer: https://valleycounselinginternal.com/interface/main/tabs/main.php?token_main=DhKJ816G7hZjDbEE4s8ZtQXiJI4Kw6JoS6oSyjxb

[Fri Feb 03 13:52:25.704916 2023] [php:error] [pid 8729] [client 10.0.1.249:2522] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Failed opening required '/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/interface/modules/custom_modules/oe-module-claimrev-connect/src/billing_claimrev_service.php' (include_path='/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/vendor/pear/archive_tar:/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/vendor/pear/console_getopt:/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/vendor/pear/pear_exception:.:/usr/share/php8') in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/library/ajax/execute_background_services.php:140\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/library/ajax/e

@stephenwaite now it has the right tag above.

did you mean to tag @brad above?

I developed the module using the “development-easy” docker, so it worked on that docker. If you want to give me a call this afternoon we can figure this out together using a teams meeting.

1 Like

I was re-reading all this again. Have you tried using composer to install it? composer require claimrevolution/oe-module-claimrev-connect

I’ve used composer in my test examples, what I’ve found it’s been helpful in finding missing modules I wouldn’t of known about if I just pulled from github.

That did not work and git is installed on the host.

We figured it out and Brad will be updating the module.