Installation issue with OPENEMR

HI,
OPENEMR is one of the major Medical Records open source software developments. I have downloaded it and installed it on a website on a cPanel server using CENTOS 6.8 x86_64 standard, with php 5.6 installed. I cannot get the setup package to run. The suggested reason is that php_mysql is not installed. The version I think I would use is php56w_mysql, but I am unable to locate the package. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.phpt=60282
Animated Explainer Video

Are you using AWS?

Did you install LAMP?

Did you test your website with a simple index.htm with a hello message?

How do you know your web server is running?

Did you place the OpenEMR source files in the HTTP folder?

Where did you download the OpenEMR source file from?

Which version did you download?

I tried to install the config the xampp control and run into some isses. The apache conf does not switch to the stop are. So, how do I uninstall the Xampp file altogether and start all over again?

believe you can just remove the whole directory

How do I remove the whole directory? I tried and several files could not be deleted. Also, it is not a program so I cannot uninstall it. What to do next?

hi @alskite ,
Try restarting windows and then removing entire directory (also, if you have installed any of the xampp stuff as services, then untoggle those services in the xampp control).
-brady

I believe that you can right click on the windows explorer icon and choose to run as administrator which should enable you to delete the folder in question

Thank you very much for trying to help me. The thing is whenever I try to delete some of those files and in particular the xampp.control one (which I had problem with) I get a message “This file cannot be deleted because it is being used by another folder”. So I go nowhere with them.

Alex Slatkin

oh, first stop the service in the control panel

Sorry, what do you mean by stopping the service in the control panel. Not sure what to do.

Alex,

@alskite,

1. Stop the services which are running in xampp control panel.
    Shared the below screenshot for your reference.
    xampp

2. Uninstall xampp.

3. Delete the xampp directory from the system.

4. Reinstall xampp.

Thanks,
ViSolve

Thank you very much for trying to help me. I finally was able to install it and run. I know I will have a lot of questions and issues to overcome. It looks like it is simple and easy to work with. I have used Practice Fusion but I have a very limited practice (semi-retired type) and I don’t see myself paying lots of $$$ for a another program and have less return. It is just not practical for me.

Again, thanks.

Best regards,

Alex Slatkin

alskite@suddenlink.net

Alexandria, LA

Thank you very much for trying to help me. I finally was able to install it and run. I know I will have a lot of questions and issues to overcome. It looks like it is simple and easy to work with. I have used Practice Fusion but I have a very limited practice (semi-retired type) and I don’t see myself paying lots of $$$ for a another program and have less return. It is just not practical for me.

Again, thanks.

Best regards,

Alex Slatkin

alskite@suddenlink.net

Alexandria, LA