Image Based Forms?

simpleone81 wrote on Monday, April 07, 2014:

Hello,

I am looking for how to incorporate image into forms in openEMR. These types for forms are commonly used in dental,Dermatology,etc.

The only thing I can find is this image_based_form wiki:
http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Image_Based_Forms

However, I couldn’t find any instructions on how to setup these image_based_forms and couldn’t find any example in the demo environment. Maybe that means these are not stable yet and have not yet been merged into the main branch?

Is there any other possible solution to incorporate image as part of the form in openEMR? I do think this will greatly expand the usage of openEMR.

thanks!

blankev wrote on Monday, April 07, 2014:

One of the solutions might be to create a NationNotes LayoutBasedVisit Form.

A sample can be found here (until reset of the demo)

http://demo.open-emr.org:2105/openemr/interface/main/main_screen.php?auth=login&site=default

(Next time I will make a sample in the weekly Demo, if needed)

Still need to find the location of the Image. Text could be entered within the NN part or added as separate Text field.

Need some extra support to find the correct location to make the right connection for the image.

fsgl might join the effort to find the correct URL??? directory?

cmswest wrote on Monday, April 07, 2014:

what about the graphic pain map in admin->forms->unregistered?

fsgl wrote on Monday, April 07, 2014:

See Harley’s article about image embedding.

Pieter/fsgl - are you talking about copy/paste image into the nation note? That’s not exactly what I am looking for. :slight_smile:

I am more looking for how to build some forms with embedded image. For example, a form used for dental may involve a layout of the teeth and I want to embed that to a form. Then the next time a user loads this form he can see the layout and document on some locations (maybe text box) near the embedded image.

Stephen - I will spend some time checking out the graphic pain map and see if that works. thanks.

blankev wrote on Tuesday, April 08, 2014:

In the Graphic Pain map you can include a graph of dental situation. Just rename it in the correct graphic and it will be included in report of the encounter.

If you need some help, let me know.

You need to have permission to do the following:

…\openemr\interface\forms\painmap\templates

upload your dentalgraph.png in directory: …\templates\

Rename: pain.png to oldpain.png
Rename: dentalgraph.png into pain.png

Go to Administration => Other => Forms => register graphic Pain map => Install DB => Enable graphic Pain map => name Category: => Clinical. Give the number for sort order.

Go to encounter for a client: See if you like the results…

For an example where the dental graphic could not be uploaded go to the following demo:
http://demo.open-emr.org:2103/openemr

fsgl wrote on Tuesday, April 08, 2014:

Pimm,

Do you want to put the directions under 42. Pain in Contibuted Forms or would you prefer that I do it?

You can do it, but the whole procedure is written in:

http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Graphic_pain_map

just one click away from what you showed me. But please correct where needed so “THEY” also will find the solution.

We need H. Tucker to explain things more clearly, I love his explanation of including images in Nation Notes.

You’re correct. Was looking at 42 instead of 2. I’ll add a couple of lines about adapting the form for other purposes. Will also add a link to Supplementary.

Harley is still busy with his course work at Oregon Institute of Technology. What do you think is nebulous? I’ll provide clarification if necessary.

What about:

只是进一步阅读,翻页也很重要

(Please read on! There is more than just this part of Graphic Pain Map…)

Just joking. I don’t know why even YOU Missed the second page, YOU with so much experience.

Only the Pope is infallible. Even so, His Holiness speaks ex cathedra solely on matters of faith and morals.

Besides, being omniscient carries too much responsibility, takes the fun out of discovery and precludes the use of the Help Forum.

While I have my editor’s hat on, what needs to be done in Harley’s article?

Did I write that in simplified Chinese?

No the Harvey articles are clear and to the point.

You asked me if you should include or not? I think after including the Chinese remark the Graphic pain map (first page) changes should also be loud an clear ;-)) . If you are happy with the text as is, just don’t do anything. If YOU see something that might be an improvement, just make changes.

BTW the pope is infallible, it was just God that created Homo Sapiens, the last day of the week, and it was not the top creation! You could have guessed the optional failures, at the end of the week. It should have been the starting point.

Data => Datae
Cathedra => Cathedrae…

have a nice day.

是的.

Light editing of the Pain Map has been done.

Harley has a very lucid and well organized writing style.

We can’t be on the top of the pyramid if we have only 25k genes, while an ear of corn has 30k, neatly packaged into 10 chromosomes. Would be nice to make (not re-assemble as in cooking) one’s own food, for those of us who dislike grocery shopping.

True that cathedra is first declension, but datum is second declension, neuter.

htuckjr wrote on Tuesday, April 08, 2014:

Hi Gentlemen-

This is my last term- I graduate in June with a newly minted BS (!) in Health Informatics. I look forward to returning to contributing to the OpenEMR project but until then your posts give me plenty to chuckle and marvel about when I check my forum subscriptions every day.

Yes, fsgl, please do feel free to touch up the docs I did if there’s need.

Hasta later- Harley

Good news for the Hello World. Keep up the good work and don’t postpone your BS. I suppose this is Bachelor of Science? Not the common BS for us foreigners…

No, I think your WIKI pages are a blossoming flower for the eye. Hardly anything to add or change! Tnx for your support for OpenEMR.

Can the corn be jealous of the 工会, not to be anything less than:

Quote:
A raspberry has only 8 percent as much genetic material as you or I. That’s expected; raspberries aren’t too smart or complex. But an onion isn’t very complex either, and it has more than 12 times as much DNA as a Harvard professor.

Junk or not, scientists still don’t know why some organisms get rid of it faster than others. But at least we now know why having less DNA than an onion doesn’t put us at a survival disadvantage.

simpleone81 wrote on Wednesday, April 09, 2014:

Thanks a lot. Pieter and fsgl!

fsgl wrote on Wednesday, April 09, 2014:

It was our pleasure.

blankev wrote on Wednesday, April 09, 2014:

I support our pleasure! ;-))