I have an old openemr installation: A 24-port DLink switch A 4-port DLink router HP ML10 Gen9 server with ubuntu 7 other Windows desktop on a network. Current error: Server attempts to connect to the network. Disconnected from network - you are now off-l

*Situation
I have an old openemr installation
A 24-port DLink switch
A 4-port DLink router
HP ML10 Gen9 server with ubuntu
7 other Windows desktop on a network.

Current error:
Server attempts to connect to the network.
Disconnected from network - you are now off-line.

The server attempts several times without success.

What can I do to resolve this issue

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 6.0

Browser:
I’m using: FireFox

Operating System
I’m using: Ubuntu

1. Does the installation require the router to operate?

2. Server attempts to connect to the network;
    Disconnected from network - you are now off-line.

None of the networked systems is able to log in to use openEMR

hi @DRaj, is this an old openemr installation that you upgraded to version 6.0?

Sorry, the openEMR is version 5.

And it seems to have started working again, after the router was turned off and reset.

I was rather confused as to the role of the router in the installation. Since there is an intranet, I didn’t think the router was critical to the operation of the system

The routers role is to port forward the internet to the machine that is routing your intranet.
Sometimes routers tend to hang up on routing due to a cache, log or both getting too large.

Now ya know through experience and will be the first stop when this occurs again, As it surly will.:slight_smile:

Thanks, Jerry and all, for your prompt response and invaluable support.

Now, with this quote:

Sometimes routers tend to hang up on routing due to a cache, log or both getting too large.

Now ya know through experience and will be the first stop when this occurs again, As it surely will.

What should I do when it happens again, as it surely will! And had happened many times before?

How do I purge the router cache or the log?

Glad for your assistance.

Thank you in anticipation of your prompt and favorable response

D’Raj

Hi @DRaj
I don’t know how favorable and this is a hard question to answer. Depends on the router and how many workstations are connected to it plus other factors.

Recommend doing a web search and or you may need to upgrade your router. Good luck

Thanks, again, Jerry P! Really appreciate your support.

There are 7 (seven) Windows workstations connected through a 24-port DLink 10/100 Switch;
The server is an HP ML10 Gen9 server, with 4gb RAM and 2x1TB hard-drive.
And the router is a 4-port DLink DSL 2540U

The disconnect happens whenever the power on indicator on the DSL 2540U router turns from Green to Red. Then the ‘You are now offline’ error comes on. And no workstation can log on to the openEMR.

Will be grateful for any suggestions to permanently resolving this intermittent issue.
I believe the cache or the log-on memory gets rather clogged or too full and therefore there must be a way or a script to purge or cleanse the cache.

The solution so far include resetting the router or shutting down the whole installation for hours, if not days, before the power-on LED on the router returns to Green.

With best regards
D’Raj