How to update apache and PHP

Situation
I got a new win 11 computer and want to transfer OEMR. I am running 5.0. I simply copied the entire XAMPP directory and luckily that seems to work. I wanted to upgrade to 6.0. When I follow the upgrade directions, and try to update my data, I get the message that my PHP version is too low. I am not so knowledgeable about all this. I tried playing with a new install but have no idea how to get my old data into it. What can I do?

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 5.0, want to upgrade to 6.0

Browser:
I’m using: chrome

Operating System
I’m using: win 11

Logs
Did you check the logs?
Was there anything pertinent in them?
Please paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability.
You can also turn on User Debugging under Administration->Globals->Logging User Debugging Options=>All

hi @Harold_Kornylak , install a new xampp, php 7.4, on the win 11 and then bring the openemr folder over to the htdocs directory and run the upgrade script.

Thanks for the reply.
That didn’t seem to work when I tried it. I had no patient data. Isn’t my data in the MySQL directory?
And what kind of initialization would I do to get the system ready - the install script sets up all the passwords permissions and databases. Would I run that? The directions say not to.

Ok, forget that bad advice, sorry. The trick is the export of the old mysql database and import into the new version. See this wiki doc.