How to render services for unregistered patients

Hello All,
is there anyway to render a medical service within the clinic for non registered patients.
For example, rendering or conducting lab test service for non registered patients based on referer or not.

I am using openemr 5.0.1(7)

Thanks

I assume that you mean that these “non-registered patients” are patients of other doctors elsewhere (other clinics or hospitals), and these “non-registered” patients are just coming into your facility for labs or other procedures.

There are many ways to accomplish that. One simple way is that you can create a status field on the demographics page using layout based forms. You would add a “patient_status” field on your demographics page and then assign a list that has statuses such as “unassigned,” “Registered,” “Non-registered,” etc. See the screenshot below:

–Ralf

Hello Ralf,
Thanks for your response.
Yes i got the likely solution you gave, however, the system will still in turn assign patient id, though is assigned a non-registered status.
Likewise, if you pull report, the patient will be seen as part of the clinic patient because the field created as patient status is not available in any of the reporting options. In this situation what is the way out

Hi Aterad,

This is totally new scenarios, there is no such feature available in OpenEMR but what we can do we can implement new feature for this. This feature might require lot of modification of openemr code as well as database schema of openemr.

Hello Nilesh,
I had thought as much, because such is not an integral part of the openemr cores.
Thanks for your response Nilesh.

Adding filters to select only the “registered” patients in various reports is not particularly difficult as far as I can tell. You could give the non-registered patients special medical record IDs such as NR00001 etc.

Another option would be to create a “lab-only” site, which creates a separate database for the non-registered patients. Check these instructions here: https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Multiple_Sites_Module

Good Luck,
–Ralf