How to place multiple orders in one go (Bundles?)

Is it possible to place a bundle order of procedure orders?

I.e I would like to place a sepsis bundle order that contains mulitple test…

Instead of having to add each indivial procedure order.

Thanks!

I can only see individual procedure orders rather than the entire group…

Hi @crazySwede -
Welcome to the OpenEMR community and forum, may all your questions be answered and you find the information you seek!

It’s hard to tell from your screenshot but did you look at the tutorials in the OpenEMR wiki on how to configure Procedure orders? If properly done you should be able to construct a test profile or panel containing multiple tests, which when selected will order all the tests in that collection at the same time.

Here’s the older doc on the topic but still good background info.
https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Procedure_configuration_%26_order_process

The newer doc, expanded with different organization and illustrated with different examples from the first doc:
https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Sample_Create_and_Use_Procedure_Orders_4.1-4.2

In the second doc specifically you should look at the section, ’ Create Three Tier/ Panel Procedure’

If I had to guess, your tests are not nested properly in the 3 ‘tiers’ so they list as a bunch of single tier tests, of tiers 1, 2 and 3. It’s been a while since I did it but I dimly remember that I had to add each tier to the one above it, not simply add a next- level tier… if that makes sense.

Let me know if you have questions about this.
Best- Harley

Thank you @htuck!

I believe my orders are set like in the article:

1. Top Group: Sepsis Bundle
    2. Sub Group: BMP Panel
    3. Order:

But I cannot see in the article where one can place an order for the “top group” or am I missing something?

Cheers!

Hi @crazySwede -
I’m going to have to re-configure my demo OpenEMR with the procedures described in the article to see how it works out; will get back to you on that ASAP.
Best- HT

1 Like

hi @crazySwede , are you using a commercial lab maybe from this list? I think this would either be a new feature or one that is lost or can only be obtained by using a compendium but @sjpadgett would know better.

1 Like

No, i created my list from scratch by myself.