How to connect lab report?

rahularyan1 wrote on Tuesday, November 29, 2011:

i am new to oemr, plz tell me how to connect to lab report. can i use external lab report script???

juggernautsei wrote on Tuesday, November 29, 2011:

Hi,

Let’s start with the basics. Which version of OEMR are you using? Which lab are you trying to connect to?
Have you setup and account with Lab Exchange (the built in script in OEMR)?

Go to Administration > Globals > Connectors and take a look at enabling the Lab Exchange if you are using version 4.1.1.

Here are some addtional resources:

http://open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Lab_Test_Results

http://open-emr.org/wiki/images/9/90/Lab_Exchange_Network_-_Wiki.pdf

Are you planning on using a different lab company to produce your lab results?

Regards,

Sherwin
openmedpractice.com

thanks, i will try

yes i am planning on using a different lab company to produce my lab results
please tell me if it is possible

juggernautsei wrote on Wednesday, November 30, 2011:

Which lab company? did you look at the http://open-emr.org/wiki/images/9/90/Lab_Exchange_Network_-_Wiki.pdf
file? You will need to setup this up to get labs from a different lab company than using LEN that is built in to the OEMR.
You will need Mirth to parse the results into the patient record.

Are you a coder?

Sherwin
openmedpractice.com

smplorig wrote on Monday, January 02, 2012:

hello i am having issue getting the labresult part of openemr working. it seems i need to register with LEN. i am very confused as to how to do this. it seems this is a script that came with the download. but how to i access it? i have googled left and right and have found nothing. i would appreciate any help on this matter. thank you.

tmccormi wrote on Monday, January 02, 2012:

The Labs are in complete control of whether or not they approve you for interface with their systems.  The decision is entirely volume based.    While setup is easy, the TokenID comes from the Lab company and they won’t issue them unless they approve you for the LEN (Lab Exchange Network) service.  If they do they will contact us “Medical Information Integration, LLC” and issue a PO, and an integration coordinator will be assigned to your account.  When you come up on the schedule they call us to activate it with the ID’s they provide and then we do a test and certification loop.    It takes about 2-3 weeks to get through the process, typically.    You have to start this by contacting your local rep at each lab and requesting OpenEMR Lab Network Exchange Interface using Medical Information Integration, LLC as the vendor.

Once that is done, approved and has passed their certification we charge $25/month for maintenance/support and maintenance of the results only LEN.

We only support Labcorp right now, but Soltas and Quest lab support is coming very soon.

Feel free to email us for assistance with this process.

Tony
Medical Information Integration, LLC 
info @ mi-squared.com

aant2006 wrote on Saturday, November 19, 2016:

Hello

How do i setup an account and who do i setup an account with Lab Exchange that is built into OEMR? Is there a fee to setup an account with Lab Exchange?

cmswest wrote on Monday, November 21, 2016:

hi Arturo, which lab company do you use? LabCorp or Quest, etc?