How to add a laboratory and compendium for that lab?

pdlinc wrote on Friday, March 21, 2014:

I am a laboratory and I have been trying to see where we would go about adding out laboratory and its compendium?

Also how would I create an interface if we have already a VPN connection which folder does it go to?

mdsupport wrote on Friday, March 21, 2014:

Adding a lab is easier part (Procedures -> Providers).
Each lab probably has specific format and only few formats are handled.
On Procedures -> Load Compendium, ‘Vendor’ dropdown identifies the formats handled by standard program.

If you are willing to reformat your lab compendium to match the included vendor’s format, you can create the reformatted compendium files and change NPI for the lab you are setting up temporarily to vendor specified in dropdown to load. Then correct the NPI.

pdlinc wrote on Friday, March 21, 2014:

How would I go about viewing the compendium for the other vendors? Also how would I add my Lab as a vendor to load my compendium?

mdsupport wrote on Saturday, March 22, 2014:

To add your lab, use menu Procedures -> Providers -> Add New. I think the NPI number (and not the name) on this screen is used to match the predefined vendor format for loading compendiums.

We don’t know if you can get samples or full compendium from the labs included in OpenEMR. Developer of load feature will have to describe the file(s) and provide the layout.

In our case developers found it easier to directly import the data provided by labs.

pdlinc wrote on Monday, March 24, 2014:

for some reason after I ass the provider when I goto load compendium it does not show the laboratory as a vendor.

mdsupport wrote on Tuesday, March 25, 2014:

Here is the test:

1. Add provider with only the values:
    name - Lab1
    NPI - 1235186800

2. Go to load compendium. Now ‘Pathgroup Labs LLC’ should be preselected as the vendor. If you upload order definitions in ‘Pathgroup’ format, load compendium will do its thing.

3. After upload is complete, change NPI to match your lab’s NPI.

What file type do we need to upload a compendium? The lab sent me an Excel file. Will this be enough? Please advise.