How should We Update 2020 ICD10 Code Set?

I’ve managed to install icd10 code sets in the past. But Im having issues with getting the latest code set to install. From external dataloads, Im trying to install just ICD10 CM codes only. I’ve removed the previous sets from the contrib folder and placed 2020-ICD-10-CM-Codes.zip in contrib… Before trying the install, I also updated mysql external dataloads with the information found in this link: https://github.com/openemr/openemr/commit/53b8ae655f3fc2d31f7380b66f49733b8965b2ba

Zip archive is installed, mysql infile is on, not sure what is going on.
Using ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS server edition on a dual core server, not shared cloud hosting.

When I click install, almost instantly it says it installed…then when I go to codes tab to search the icd10 codes, it lists nothing when I do a code search.

hi @oldsoul, this thread goes over the process. Good luck!

Thank You Stephen! I finally figured it out in the thread link you posted.

For anyone else who does not know, you have to update a file in the library folder of openemr with new code, plus add SQL command to the external dataloads table.

Remove the old files in openemr/contrib/icd10 folder
Download and add the icd102020CM code zip file to that icd10 folder.

Now I can search icd10 codes and verify the new ones are also there for 2020.

Hopefully, I did not miss anything. Again, thank you for the help.

1 Like

I’m on the latest patch v5.0.2 (2), I pulled the two zip files from github, put them in contrib, they were recognized already in the external data loads tool (looks like the SQL for them is already included in this version), I did the install, it succeeded. However, when I go to Administration > Codes, there is no search for ICD10 Diagnosis - only the delivered ICD9, CPT4, CVX, etc.

Is there another step to get the codes to show up after they are installed?

Back on external data loads, for ICD10 I now see:
Installed Release
Name: ICD10
Revision: CMS
Release Date: 2019-10-01

Staged Releases
2020-ICD-10-CM-Codes.zip
2020-ICD-10-PCS-Order.zip
The installed version and the staged files are the same.
Follow these instructions for installing or upgrading the following database: ICD10

Thanks.

what do the Code Types look like in Administration->Lists?

I had not marked them active - that was it. Thanks!

1 Like