How do I get a final score for my LHC-Forms questionnaire?

I’m trying to total up the scores for each question and then send an alert to a patient if they have a high score. How do I do so?

Hypertension-Management-.R4.json (6.3 KB)

Recommend you pull in and follow the PHQ-9 questionnaire as an example for summing columns. You may add conditions to the form to prevent user inputting outside a given response but not a specific alert per sae. At least that I know of. If you wish to auto alert a patient based on a high score that is something I don’t think I’d implement based on the fact it’d need to be screened by the clinician and actively push a button. I’ve been slowly adding email and SMS alerts in the portal documents workflow that are mainly triggered by questionnaires that need attention in one way or another. My next commit to the project will include sending alerts from encounters if I get support from the community to continue the document template project.

I further recommend if you are serious about creating FHIR Questionnaires you look into the SDC(Structured Data Capture) specification. IMO Questionnaires are one of the most useful and powerful part of the FHIR implementation. While ONC and others diddle around with trying to get the interop adopted, Questionnaires prove extremely useful simply from a data collection POV!

So if you’re planning to make use of our questionnaire implementation for further and future forms you should look into SDC and it’s advantages in rendering forms with some smarts.
LHC has a project up with builder that has focus using SDC. I can’t find a link at the moment but a web search should get you there.
Good luck Shania.