How do I change currency from the default US dollar sign?

*Situation
Hello folks. Kindly assist me, I would like to know how to change currency from the default US dollar sign to say Kenyan Shillings (KES). Look at the screenshot at my pharmacy.

Thanks.

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 5.0.0

Browser:
Google Chrome

Operating System
I’m using Windows 10

Got to Administration -> Locale.
Edit the field “Currency Designator”

Thanks for your feedback @growlingflea I had tried that before, it changes nothing unless if there is something else I’m not doing right.

Hi @Quantice ,

That localization setting doesn’t cover the entire codebase yet. You can also use the language translation module to get all the other currency signs converted. Go to Administration->Language->Edit Definitions:
Search for the $ constant, then place what you want instead and click ‘Load Definitions’ for English. Then you should be good.

-brady

hi again @Quantice ,

Turns out the currency symbol in the prescription will not be translated either. So, I made a quick fix for it to use the Currency Designator setting that @growlingflea pointed out.

Here are the code changes (minimal, and you likely can make those edits by hand in your code), which I will bring into the development codebase very soon (so fix will be in OpenEMR version 5.0.2).
fix to use gbl currency symbol in rx when dispensing module on by bradymiller · Pull Request #1977 · openemr/openemr · GitHub

-brady

@brady.miller thank you very much I appreciate