How do I avoid generating HL7 file for transmission to an external lab

Situation
Hello folks. My clinic has an internal laboratory and therefore do not was to transmit any order to any external laboratory. I find it annoying to download HL7 file every time I click on on ‘Save and Transmit’. Is there a way I can avoid this? Kindly help. Regards.

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 5.0.0

Browser:
Google Chrome

Operating System
Windows 10

You could try configuring Procedure Provider with Local file system then add a directory to sites/default to save the orders.
re: or even save to systems temp directory if hl7 message is not needed

@sjpadgett how do you do that? Where do I need to go? I have been unable to proceed from the point I have circled in the screenshot below. Thanks.

Give this a try:
Go to menu Procedures->Providers

• Select your internal lab.
  • Set Usage: to Production.
  • Change Protocol to Local Filesystem. Not sure about using Results Only but try.
  • Add C:\Windows\Temp to Orders Path:.
  • Save and be free …

Since Window will manage cleaning up your Temp directory, all is well if, you are not sending or using the hl7 message for anything. There is not a need for Login, Password e.t.c.

@Quantice Hi, If this proved to resolve your issue would you please mark as solution for other’s that may be searching forum for similar issues. Thanks.

Hello @sjpadgett I apologize for not giving timely feedback, it is because I have been away from OpenEMR. I tried the above solution as suggested, the Hi7 did not download after clicking save and transmit but instead I got this error "Transmit failed: Cannot create file “C:\Windows\Temp/19.txt”
Kindly find a screenshot of what I did as per you instruction. Regards

You need to find a writable temp system directory somewhere to throw away the download. You can try:
\xampp\htdocs\openemr\sites\default\documents\temp if your domain path is xampp/htdocs/openemr or any system temp directory. Path I gave you works on my windows 10 but I have UAC turned off…

@sjpadgett thanks for timely reply. My OpenEMR is hosted in a shared remote server not XAMPP. Do you have suggestion for this? Regards

Give this path a try:
./…/…/…/sites/default/documents/temp

@sjpadgett it worked well for me thank you.