How do delete item?

I am version 5.0.2. I notice then when manager areas such users, lists i am unable to delete items. E.g I am unable to delete a user who i entered wrongly and in the states list i am unable to delete all the US states because I am in Malaysia.

Help will much appreciated.

hi @murugappan

I don’t know what iam speaking about so take my help with a grain of salt

AFAIK users cant be deleted but you can make them inactive (hidden). Just open the user you want and you will see an option beside Provider that says Active check it and the user will be hidden. If you want to show again just under user/groups there is an option that says Include inactive users, check it and they will show again.

As for the States list i once tried to delete and got errors everywhere. So, i “guess” just edit fields in the State list (under Administration>Forms). Click on the blue tick box to inactivate those states AFTER you have added yours. To add your states use same as in the list adding an ID, title, order(after the last order number you have), and clicking on active and if you want choose one to be default if its used frequently for example capital state.

Hi @mohamed,

Thank you for the reply. That is exactly what i did to overcome the problem. Lucky there were only 50 of them to deactivate. Just imagine if there were 200!

The software has the same problem in many areas. For example, i cannot delete the LBF layouts too. The only way i could do that was to delete all the fields and then erase all the contents in the layout definition and save. Then it disappears. I am not sure if that is the right way.

The main contributor to the problem here is the documentation. I figure at least 60% is outdated. Many sections are referring to Version 4.x. Sigh!

1 Like

I ranted about this before so … :joy: