How do appointment reminders work?

This is the full error

Set-Cookie: OpenEMR=dTOeS2V0AwDzoUPW3blm3DehrWWlxGsMO2Z-biq7ss-Z7f6U; path=/; SameSite=Strict
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
Pragma: no-cache
Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

Site ID is missing from session data!

Please, open your browser, in the address bar put: http://localhost/openemr/modules/sms_email_reminder/cron_email_notification.php and press enter (“http://localhost/openemr” you must change to your web address to login into openmr).

I am able to login to the emr site without issue

Please edit cron_functions.php file and comment line 15, it should be: // include(“Mailer.php”); and try again
Sorry.
replace for this (attached) file
cron_functions.php (10.4 KB)

Thank you, I added that in as line 15; however the message didn’t change, which that being just a comment entry, will it read any data from that change?

please replace the attached file immediately above

The file has been uploaded, I will await the cron job to see what occurs

I replaced the file and uploaded it, I receive the same error, and there is nothing in the logs folder

Did you try specifying site in php parameters? Is your site other than ‘default’?

Sorry my friend. The script works on various sites that I installed. You see, you should hire a system administrator or developer. If you want, you can contact any openemr developer or me and I can help you.
Regards.
Luis.

The error is states a site ID is missing, which part of the php language is looking to authenticate a string?

You configured this:

1 -For Email Services the following info is needed:

• Notification Email Address - Where will the message come from
  • Email Transport Method - Select: SMTP, SENDMAIL or built in PHPMAIL
  • SMTP Server Hostname - email outgoing server host/ip
  • SMTP Server Port Number
  • SMTP User for Authentication - outgoing server user
  • SMTP Password for Authentication - outgoing server password
  • SMTP Security Protocol - Most newer servers use TLS, but some may use SSL. Not recommended to use NONE except for testing or connecting inside a firewall to an intermediary MTA (Mail Transferring Agent).
  1. Login into openEMR and go in section Administration => Globals => Nofications.
    There you will find three new sections:
  • SMS notification - set provider name and the body of the sms message
  • e-Mail notification - set subject, provider name and the body of the email message.
  • Phone notification - set USER name, Passsword and URL
  1. Some useful Annonations:
***NAME*** - for entering the name of the patient automatically
***DATE*** - for entering the date of the appointment automatically
***STARTTIME*** - For entering the start time of the appointment
***ENDTIME*** - for the end time of the appointment
***PROVIDER*** - to state the provider automatically with whom the appointment is fixed
  1. In openEMR front end, under Patient/Client => summary (-page)=> Edit Demographics => Choices
    In this section you will find two options: 1. Allow E-mail and 2. Allow SMS.
    This is to be set as required if you want your patient to be notified about an upcoming appointment.

Note: The script only works with emails.

1 Like

Have you tried for a site other than “default” which is hard-coded when site parameter is not provided?

“Site id” error comes from globals.php. Based on request parameters every script needs to know which sqlconf.php file to use from <openemr>/sites subdirectory.

With that error, the script terminates. So you will not find any traces.

Best.

Where is the option to enable email and sms reminders, I don’t see that option under Admin and globals

in every patient demographic:

And.

When would i see this image, when i go into the calendar i don’t see email, I have enabled allow email and the HIPAA option

You configured this:

1 -For Email Services the following info is needed:

• Notification Email Address - Where will the message come from
  • Email Transport Method - Select: SMTP, SENDMAIL or built in PHPMAIL
  • SMTP Server Hostname - email outgoing server host/ip
  • SMTP Server Port Number
  • SMTP User for Authentication - outgoing server user
  • SMTP Password for Authentication - outgoing server password
  • SMTP Security Protocol - Most newer servers use TLS, but some may use SSL. Not recommended to use NONE except for testing or connecting inside a firewall to an intermediary MTA (Mail Transferring Agent).
  1. Login into openEMR and go in section Administration => Globals => Nofications.
    There you will find three new sections:
  • SMS notification - set provider name and the body of the sms message
  • e-Mail notification - set subject, provider name and the body of the email message.
  • Phone notification - set USER name, Passsword and URL
  1. Some useful Annonations:
***NAME*** - for entering the name of the patient automatically
***DATE*** - for entering the date of the appointment automatically
***STARTTIME*** - For entering the start time of the appointment
***ENDTIME*** - for the end time of the appointment
***PROVIDER*** - to state the provider automatically with whom the appointment is fixed
  1. In openEMR front end, under Patient/Client => summary (-page)=> Edit Demographics => Choices
    In this section you will find two options: 1. Allow E-mail and 2. Allow SMS.
    This is to be set as required if you want your patient to be notified about an upcoming appointment.

2. On the server, where openemr is installed, you should run the following script (replaced by the last one I posted in this thread):

php /path_to_openemr/modules/sms_email_reminder/cron_email_notification.php
2 Likes

Does anyone offer paid assistance for this issue? I’m still not able to get it to work

1 Like

Please contact me.
luis.uriarte@gmail.com

Hello,
I have applied all the settings mentioned in this topic but, although the sending of the appointment reminders is working, I am looking for a way to also send an email to the patient when the appointment is created.
For example: when scheduling an appointment, an email must be sent to the patient with the details of the scheduled appointment. Then, 24 hours before the start of the appointment, an email must be sent to the patient with the details of the appointment.

Is this setup possible?

Thank you all very much and especially Luis for sharing the solution for sending appointment reminders.