How can we acknowledge financial supporters?

Hi @brady.miller -
I dimly recall in earlier days seeing public acknowledgements of financial contributors but it’s been a while since I’ve noticed any. Maybe I’m just not looking in the right place?

We at MI-Squared- and other vendors must also- have customers who have generously financed bugfixes and feature projects that have considerably improved OpenEMR. I think it’d be cool to thank them in a prominent place, to acknowledge their vital support of our favorite FOSS project.

Since I’m not the one doing it, I don’t want to add significant work to anybody’s process. But what do you think of adding a mention in the patch release notes at the top of this forum? If the dev submitting the fix mentions the benefactor somewhere, like in a comment in the code? they could be added to the release notes like so:

Screenshot at 2022-10-27 09-25-38

Just thinking…
HTuck

Hi,
If somebody provides that info, then would be happy to put it there. Would prob do something like this example (if have the info for the item)

• Security fix (reported by __, fix by ___, sponsored by ___)

Hi Brady-
Thanks for your prompt, supportive reply !
Hopefully we can spread the word and get some bragging going on the public minded outfits that support OpenEMR but have gone unmentioned up to now.
Best- Harley

2 Likes