How can I add more details in the printable prescription?

I am not a developer or a coder. I am a first-time user and still trying to introduce this to my organization.

Hello @Jen_Ferrer, welcome to OpenEMR!

currently, there’s no implementation to be able to add new wording or fields to the printable prescription from the user interface. That is to say that in order to add new field or items you need to include your new changes directly into the codebase(coding).

The files you’re looking for:

1. This is for printing like drug label.
    openemr_directory/interface/drugs/dispense_drug.php

2. This is when you have a list of prescriptions (I think you’ll be interested in this.)
    openemr_directory/controllers/C_Prescription.class.php

Basically, use a text editor to try stuff out. If you don’t want to get involved, I can also be of help.

Have fun!

2 Likes

there’s also a zend module that might be easier to work with, you have to enable it (Modules->Manage Modules Prescription Templates) and then you can edit the phtml template

Hi dear

I really appreciate your response. I will admit I need help on this. How can you help me?

Looking forward to customising this so that my organisation can use it. It may be ambitious but, I am determined to make it work.

Regards
Jen

Hi Stephen

I really appreciate your response. I will try looking into this suggestion too. Will this module be available in the demo?

Regards
Jen

We can have a chat via zoom or jitsi. Kindly shoot me an email.

knapps.appiah@gmail.com