Help with installation on shared hosting

Hi

I am attempting to install 5.0.0 on a shared webhosting package. I realise there has been only some success. I have downloaded and extracted as per the instructions, and have created a blank database in the host site MySQL. I am able to connect to the database, but at Installation Step 3, it stops and goes no further than the screenshot below. Would you be able to guide me to overcome this and proceed with the installation please?

Alternatively, if there is a guide for how to install OpenEMR on a shared hosting service, please could you direct me to it?

Thank you

Simon

hi @simon1103, when you say you created a blank database was this part of the install or something separate before you began the web based install?

Hi @stephenwaite

Before I began the installation process, I created a blank database on MySQL on the host server and named it “openemr” then I chose the “I have already created a database” option at Step 1 of the installation screen. I then entered the credentials of the blank database into the fields in Step 2, and proceeded to Step 3 where the whole process came to a grinding halt.

Does this make sense? I am not too experienced at this side of things. I don’t think I have the root user name and password for the MySQL server, so it seemed the pre-created database option was necessary. There are no tables in the database when I created it, but now that Step 3 has commenced, there are 188 tables shown so I am confident that the installation script is able to connect to the database.

Thanks
Simon

that sounds fine @simon1103, please check the php error log for clues to why it aborted, for gnu/linux try
sudo cat /var/log/apache2/error.log

Hi,
i’ve also installed on a shared hosting.
for “server host” and “user hostname” i have left the default settings of “localhost”.
Now that i am reading the install guide i noticed that i should replace the localhost with the ip address of the shared hosting apache/mysql server.
The installation seems to have completed without problems, i can login correctly and i operate it ok !!!

My questions that i hope are relevant to this thread are:
1.The shared hosting service doesn’t change IP address frequently? can i write the dns format instead of ip the address? (arvixe.com instead of 192.xx.xx.xx for example?)
2. if i write the ip address and after some days it gets changed, how should i write the new one? is it normal to change the ip address every so often?
2. does the localhost option that i left instead of the ip address means that i do not use the mysql server of the shared host and i am using an other version or an other instance from a folder inside the installation directory?
(i ask this because when i go to menu -> Administration -> Other -> Database , i can only see the openEMR database, and not all the databases that i currently have on my shared hosting provider)

I’m a new user here,
Thank you for your time.

Hi kounelii,

There may be chances for changes in your shared hosting IP address.
In that case,You have to change the IP address of your instance.
Best option is to use DNS format.
Please look at the file /sites/default/sqlconf.php to change your MySQL Configuration values.

Thanks,
ViSolve