Help in setting up an Active Alert

mdsupport wrote on Saturday, March 09, 2013:

We need to set up an alert for incomplete demographic information in patient records based on MU criteria - sex, ethnicity, race and language

Here is what we have tried that does not work.  So short of tracing the code lines, could someone suggest the correct filter criteria, clinical target and actions?

Filter:  (Example to handle only ethnicity setting)

Custom Table                     patient_data.ethnicity                      Required Inclusion                      Value: '' | Frequency: > 0

Clinical Target:

Custom Table                     patient_data.ethnicity                     Required Inclusion                     Value: > '' | Frequency: > 0 | Interval: 1 x Months

Action:
Reminder - Update patient record for - sex, race, ethnicity, language

Thank you.

sriniemr wrote on Saturday, March 09, 2013:

Mdsupport,

Here is link for CDR user manual

Hope this helps

http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/images/c/ca/Clinical_Decision_Rules_Manual.pdf

Please let me know

Srini
seenu4043@gmail.com

mdsupport wrote on Saturday, March 09, 2013:

Srini,

Thank  you for the response.  I guess one could reverse engineer and construct the built-in rules / measure with custom tables. 

However the hope is to give individual practices ability to run selected Meaningful Use / CQM calculations for the selected patient and eliminate the deficiencies during the encounter.

The goal is to eliminate surprises during annual attestation.

Hi . I am also trying to set a safeguarding alert. I have been reading but failed to complete an alert.
I need to have an active alert for safeguarding. Safeguarding is a field in my demographics. If the value is YES then i want an active alert.

I am going to custom and choose the table and field. I add value = YES. Not sure about the rest of the settings.
I have set up an intervention which seems to be coming up.
As a result every patient gets an alert.
Can you please help me?