Health IT Summit Conference with OpenEMR focus

tmccormi wrote on Thursday, January 07, 2016:

I am coordinating Day one of this conference and I am looking for speakers (about 4) that are interested in speaking or presenting to an audience of mostly Ambulatory Care Providers.

This is intended to expose these providers to alternatives to the proprietary systems they have been using and provide general IT related education. The audience will mostly be providers from Rural areas around Oklahoma and north Texas.

The full conference is meant to cover technical and communications issues that are not well understood. So, educational in nature.

If wish to speak/teach please contract me ASAP, with a proposed topic (1.5 hours sessions). I need to close this up in the next two weeks as best as I can. Speaker will get into the conference for free (of course).

If the OpenEMR community would like to take the opportunity to have our own user and developer summit we can arrange for that as well.

Contact me directly at tony ‘at’ mi-squared.com

SUMMARY:
EMR Day - Tuesday April 19, 2016 - Tony McCormick - Coordinator
HIE Day - Wednesday April 20, 2016 - Aadli - Coordinator
Payer Administration Day - Thursday April 21, 2016 - Verbus - Coordinator

Tickets prices are:

If Purchased in February $ 250.00 per day 20% discount for buying all three days
If Purchased in March $ 350.00 per day 20% discount for buying all three days
Else $500.00 per day 20% discount for buying all three days

Venue is:
UCO Nigh Center:
http://www.uco.edu/administration/conference-events/

Attendees can stay here:

–Tony
OEMR President

tmccormi wrote on Friday, January 15, 2016:

Is there really no one in our community interested in sharing their experice with OpenEMR with a new group of potentential converts?

nynati wrote on Friday, January 15, 2016:

Why you set for the conference, I m interested in asking OpenEMR to partner with my Liberia project

tmccormi wrote on Thursday, January 28, 2016:

fasinating.

aethelwulffe wrote on Saturday, January 30, 2016:

I am, but you know…I can’t sail there, and gas costs money, and I can’t sleep on the boat so there is the whole money thing again…and I already gave that stuff away this year…again.
It is a little sad to not be able to afford Oklahoma… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Maybe it is just the fact that it is IN Oklahoma.
Maybe we should set something up Cancun.
I could sail there.
I’d have to do a presentation so that I could get in free though! …Unless I get rich between now and then. In which case I would just give everyone money for coming.