Growth charts

anonymous wrote on Sunday, December 21, 2008:

Is there any option to manage pediatric growth charts?

gutiersa wrote on Saturday, December 27, 2008:

No
The cdc has a SAS program that can be used separately. Some day I was hoping to try to interface it with openemr.

here is an excerpt from correspondence with them:

There are 2 sources of computer resources available related to the CDC growth charts.  SAS code is available on the Internet that calculates percentiles for datasets. 

http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/growthcharts/resources/sas.htm

You will need someone familiar with computer programming to use this. 

Another option is the nutrition module in Epi Info that contains code to calculate percentiles interactively or in batch.  The module can easily be downloaded and used.  The code can also be obtained and used in software, but a programmer would be needed.

http://www.cdc.gov/epiinfo/

We do not have code related to BP percentiles - you might contact the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).

anonymous wrote on Saturday, December 27, 2008:

Thanks! Its a great information.

drbowen wrote on Sunday, December 28, 2008:

I have a good friend who is a highly experienced SAS developer.  (20+ years)  The SAS code is not open source.  You will likely need a copy of SAS unless the code has been pre-compiled to run without the SAS framework.

Rest assured.  If you start moving a lot of data or making money using SAS they will be looking you up to get their pound of flesh.

Sam Bowen, MD

ladev3 wrote on Wednesday, August 18, 2010:

We are currently evaluating this open source solution. Check this out.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/phpgrowthcharts/

bo2999 wrote on Wednesday, August 18, 2010:

I think growth chart is already supported since version 3.1 with HTML and PDF printing capability.  Am I wrong here?

-bo

ladev3 wrote on Wednesday, August 18, 2010:

Ah. I have 3.0. Time to upgrade. Thanks.

bo2999 wrote on Wednesday, August 18, 2010:

Growth chart lives in the ‘vitals form’,  the ‘growth chart’ buttons only appear if you have birthday, weight and height data.  The charts are taken directly from CDC charts.  Data points are plotted directly on the charts, just like how you plot manually.

Tell us if it works for you.

-bo

rgenandt wrote on Thursday, July 03, 2014:

I am working with the birth - 36 month charts and just realized that nothing is plotting on the length/weight chart at the bottom of page 2. The first page plots fine, and the head circumference - but nothing on the very last graph. Digging in to the code a bit it would appear that there are no calculations to plot that point currently - well, the code I am working on is 4.1.1 (7). I know I need to update, but time…I have a life that is not in front of the blasted computer too. So, I check out the code for the new version - 4.1.2 and ‘Tada’ the stuff is in there! So, I’ll just leave this message here - if you are messing with pediatric growth charts and you are on an older version - updating can resolve!

I am also looking for pediatrics growth charts. Is there any way to apply it to the OpenEMR? It should also be noted that the growth chart ideally should also cover age ranges for premature babies. The charts used more frequently in many areas of the world is WHO charts.