Goals and Objectives

OK we are in the process of making some custom LBFs and would love to do the following.

We have created a tab in the demographics section named Goals and Objectives. Our providers can free key whatever text they want to here. Easy. . . .

What we are wanting to accomplish:

When the provider opens their session note, we want those goals, whatever they may be to display in an uneditable format with a box next to it so they can select the status of the goal. for example:

Goal 1 - Take 15 unassisted steps
Drop Down Box - introduced, addressed, positive progress, demonstrating mastery, mastered

We will want to report on the Goals and their status for internal purposes (I know we wont report on the free form fields just Goal numbers).

I can accomplish everything BUT I can’t seem to figure out how to get the Goal to display on a LBF.

any help?

I now have it displaying the created Goal 1 field but I can’t seem to figure out how to link a list/rank to it.

I’d love to be able to have a drop down with a few options to the right of the Goal 1 Text Box. I’d also prever the Goal 1 text is displayed in a non editable box.

Am i over thinking here? Should i just make a separate line for my scoring?

Hi @HubtechKeeping in mind that LBFs are not as capable as php forms, they’re flexible enough that it certainly is easy to think they are. Especially in terms of screen object layout, you could put some dropdowns in the LBF that would display next to the text box in one browser screen width but below it on some other width. If you want to be mostly sure of the placement of the objects the best bet is to put them in separate groups.

Have you read the ‘Tips’ display in the LBF editor? Lots of good stuff there.
tips

One good resource is to search this forum for various permutations of ‘lbf’, ‘lbv’ (the older term for these things though still used, meaning ‘Layout Based Visit forms’), ‘layout’ and whatever other terms seem relevant. You’ll find many other people asking and getting answers to similar questions.

Another resource that can be helpful is the OpenEMR wiki’s page
https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/LBV_Forms
where some description is given about both screen positioning and the ‘Options’ available for an object.

As far as having the dropdown (‘list box’ in the LBF editor) read a list, if I understand what you’re looking for, that is fairly simple.
When you’re building a line in a group you can click in the ‘List’ text area and select the list you’d like the list box to display.
In this pic that list box is displaying the ‘titles’ list.

To see what each list contains, go on main menu to ‘Administration/ Forms/ Lists’ (below).
Click the dropdown (arrow) and locate the list you’re interested in.
If the list doean’t have what you want you can create your own.
Click ‘New List’ (oval), fill in the name of your new list and save it.
Populate the list as shown in any other active list.
In the picture below the ‘Default’ column of checkboxes is obscured. Select that for one of the items in your list to have it displayed when the listbox is not opened.

Good luck!

• Harley

Here I am thinking that we should first answer the question of where to make the changes (ie. location other than demographics), then we could move on to creating a new form with the fields that you require, after making use of lists.
see my reply to your other questions.