Glitch in the pop-up Search/Add Insurance provider in the Edit Demographics of Current Patient page

My setup is a new installation (not an upgrade from 4.2.2) of XAMPP 5.6.30-0 for OSX, with openemr-5.0.0 (windows package, downloaded last week), running on a 2015 Mac mini under a fresh installation of OSX 10.11.6.

When we go to an existing patient’s demographics page, and choose to edit that page (to add insurance information) and we click on the Search/Add Insurance Provider button, the pop up window arrives with the bottom part of the window outside the frame of the browser window (i.e. not visible):

This pop-up window is fixed in place. I cannot drag it with the mouse, and it does not move up when the rest of the window behind it is scrolled upwards:

This means that the Save and Cancel buttons which must be on this pop-up window are not visible or selectable. You cannot save entered data, and the only way to escape the situation is to close the entire “Current Patient” tab. At this point our only workaround is to open another tab with the “Administration/Practice” page in it, select “Insurance Companies”, and add an insurance company that way. Functional of course, but less convenient.

HI sourdoughpablo,

We found the issue and this is related browser. If you try this process in chrome it will work .

Quick fix:
1.Open openemr/library/js/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.2.6.js in text editor
2. Goto line number : 454 and replace the code with the following line .

return [$(window).width(), 600, $(document).scrollLeft(), $(document).scrollTop() ];

Hope this will help you . Let us know if you have any concerns.

Visolve

This is not an ideal solution as it involves altering a JS library and not core OpenEMR code.

@sourdoughpablo could you use the Light theme and see if the error still occurs? You can change it in Administration --> Globals

I have a big monitor and I’ve been using the Firefox/View/Zoom In option to enlarge the font size on the display, to make it easier for my old eyes to read it.

What I realize is that when I do this, it is shifting the bottom of the pop-up window down below the bottom of the frame of the browser window. And I can compensate with the rest of the window by scrolling up. But since the pop-up window is held in one position, it doesn’t scroll up.

If I just zoom out a couple of clicks after editing the fields, it brings the “Search”, “Save as New”, and “Cancel Buttons” back into view. So I guess this is not so much a software glitch as it is an issue produced by how I am using the browser. My bad.

Thanks for the feedback. There should be a way to meet the requirements of larger fonts on the browser without breaking the UI, accessibility is generally something we should pay more attention to.

As part of the ongoing UI improvements, this is something I’ll keep an eye on.

Good to hear it. I have the impression that most software engineers out there are too young to have direct experience with presbyopia and bifocals!

I’m currently 28 and wearing progressive trifocals :slight_smile: