Give physician the right to add edit laboratory tests under procedures configuration

We would like to give the lab technician the right to add / edit the lab tests which are under procedures configuration currently only the admin can access the procedures configuration menu, we are using 5.0.1, we have tried using the ACL with out success.

Kindly assist.

hi @eneza ,

I am assuming you are talking about the Procedures=>Configuration. That menu item uses the Administration->Superuser acl. You can modify it here:
openemr/standard.json at master · openemr/openemr · GitHub

Also rec checking out here where you can support role based menus:
https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Role_Based_Menus

-brady

Thank you Brady,
I have seen this
{
“label”: “Configuration”,
“menu_id”: “ort0”,
“target”: “pat”,
“url”: “/interface/orders/types.php”,
“children”: [],
“requirement”: 0,
“acl_req”: [
“admin”,
“super”
]
},
But i have no idea how to add the physician to line 588,589, kindly send me the actual code.

Regards, Eneza

hi @eneza, how about change acl_req from "admin", "super" to "patients", "lab" like is done for the results, openemr/standard.json at master · openemr/openemr · GitHub

Hi @stephenwaite i have changed the acl_reg from admin", “super” to “patients”, “lab” but it did not work. Thanks. We keep trying.

Ok @eneza, then make sure you have granted those privileges to the user under admin->acl.

Hi @stephenwaite I have checked admin ACL in version 5.0.1 which is the version i am using but there is no lab / procedure configuration, so there are no privileges to grant the user (physician), and i do not want t make him/her an administrator, kindly check but i did not find it. Thanks.

hi @eneza, try under Admin->ACL check Groups and Access Controls, select the Group for the user in question and then add Lab Results to the active list.

Hi @stephenwaite I have checked and the (user) Physician already has access to the the Lab Results under Groups in ACL but the (user) Physician cannot access the Procedures=>Configuration. Thanks we keep trying.

thanks for you patience and persistence @eneza, please make sure you’re editing this section, openemr/standard.json at master · openemr/openemr · GitHub

and Give physician the right to add edit laboratory tests under procedures configuration

Hi @stephenwaite thanks for your assistance however, from my end it is still not working, from your end using 5.0.1 is it working? Thanks you.

hi @eneza, yes, it works on my side. Feel free to upload your version of the /interface/main/tabs/menu/menus/standard.json so can compare.

HI @stephenwaite and all the other participants i have Good News, i restarted my computer then tested and now the physician has access to lab configuration, i would like to thank all of you for your assistance. Be Blessed.
How do we mark this as resolved, so that we start another thread? Thanks.

hi @eneza, thanks for the good news, if you click on the elipsis next to the most relevant posted answer probably Brady’s :slight_smile: , aka the …, you’ll see an option to mark as solved

hey you already did it :slight_smile: