Get a Blank Screen on Mozilla and on Chrome HTTP 500 Error when trying to install the openemr 5.0.2

Hello, can someone please help me? I am having an issue i dont know how to fix. While trying to install Openemr 5.0.2, I get a blank screen on mozilla firefox after I clicked continue button on the setup.php script or on chrome I get a HTTP 500 Error message. I checked my error logs and here is the message i got.

[Tue Aug 13 06:29:06.528343 2019] [php7:crit] [pid 8248:tid 1764] [client ::1:49987] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘openemr’ (T_STRING) in C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\sites\default\sqlconf.php on line 12
[Tue Aug 13 06:29:09.753122 2019] [php7:crit] [pid 8248:tid 1752] [client ::1:49988] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘openemr’ (T_STRING) in C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\sites\default\sqlconf.php on line 12

The error seem to be on the sqlconf file, did you edit it by any chance? Also is the PHP version 7.2 or above?

Yes I edited the sqlconf file to what i use to connect to my sql server, I am also running on php 7.3.5. Could that be the problem?

Did you look at the sqlconf file properly? I feel like this is some formatting error. Also make sure the credentials to access the database is working and has permissions.

Also when you are doing the first installation, you need to follow the setup and not do the edits.

I have been able to solve the setup issue and can successfully do the installation. But I face a similar challenge if I try to upgrade from an older version. Is there any help you can offer?

Yeah sure I can, would you be able to post what you have tried for upgrades? you went through the upgrade script right?