FAX service, SMS Gateway, phone gateway, e-prescription service, E-mail Service, Patient Portal

I am running Openemr version 6.0 Patch 3, PHP 8, Ubuntu 20.04. I am U.S based and HIPAA compliance is of concern. I would like to add a lot of these features directly to the software.

I just would really like to get a sense of what people are using in production for the following:

Fax Service:__________________
SMS Gateway:__________________
Phone Gateway:_________________
E-Prescription:__________________
E-mail Service:__________________
Patient Portal:___________________ (CMS versus built-in)

Any share would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Setting up a new practice currently. Between the wiki and the forums, it’s difficult to discern what are even working options for most of these, so would very much appreciate hearing about others’ experience.

Fax Service: ?
SMS Gateway: ?
Phone Gateway: ?
E-Prescription: signed up with WENO, don’t expect it to work due to local pharmacies
E-mail Service: ?
Patient Portal: built-in

1 Like

Fax Service: Ringcentral.com
SMS Gateway: Medexbank.com
Phone Gateway: (local phone service)
E-Prescription: mdtoolbox.com
E-mail Service: gmail
Patient Portal: OpenEMR patient portal

1 Like

This is great! Thank you very much!

1 Like

For Ring Central, having used the sandbox did you have to purchase a premium account, which includes phone, fax, audio/video conferencing, and messaging, in lieu of just needing fax to have access to the API?

I use the RingCentral Fax1500 plan. I use this independently of OpenEMR and store my fax documents in Dropbox Business. (I tried using the OpenEMR fax module, but I could not get it to work for me).
–RBL

Thank you for sharing that! I was going through the API method and saw all of these MVP account functionalities that are not apart of the faxsms module and just did not see fax being worth ~$400.00 per year compared to the Fax 1500 (~$216) plan. I guess I better find away to make use of some of the other functionality, particularly the phone. Maybe I could find a way to use the phone number that comes with it to make it worth it.

1 Like