Eye Exam further thoughts and clarification

Hi Ray,
As I continue to use the Eye Exam form you created there are a few things I would like to get your opinion/ feedback about.

1. How do I change Tropicamide from 2.5% to 1% (I’m not sure it even come in 1%).
  2. What file should be modified if I wanted to add another separate comment section/area just before signature.
  3. I have noted that the Neuro section Comment section does not print. All the other comment sections except for AR (autorefraction) do print out to a PDF report.
  4. Is it possible for the Amsler Grid to be created for the patient via a laptop touch screen to actually document an Amsler Grid for each eye that then would become part of the Eye Exam Form record. Perhaps akin to the LBF Image Canvas.

Thank You,

Henry

1. How do I change Tropicamide from 2.5% to 1% (I’m not sure it even come in 1%).

I recall you asked something similar before because you wanted it in the Reports also. First for display: in the forms/eye_mag/view.php, scroll to around line 2175:

<table id=“dil_listbox”>

This contains the Dilation Drug Names. You can change them here for display in the EMR.

so this:

<td><input type=“checkbox” class=“dil_drug” id=“Tropicamide” name=“TROPICAMIDE” value=“Tropicamide 2.5%” <?php if ($TROPICAMIDE == ‘Tropicamide 2.5%’) {
echo “checked=‘checked’”;
} ?> /><label for=“Tropicamide” class=“input-helper input-helper–checkbox dil_drug_label”><?php echo xlt(‘Tropic 2.5%’); ?></label>
</td>

would become this:

<td><input type=“checkbox” class=“dil_drug” id=“Tropicamide” name=“TROPICAMIDE” value=“Tropicamide 1.0%” <?php if ($TROPICAMIDE == ‘Tropicamide 1.0%’) {
echo “checked=‘checked’”;
} ?> /><label for=“Tropicamide” class=“input-helper input-helper–checkbox dil_drug_label”><?php echo xlt(‘Tropic 1.0%’); ?></label>
</td>

This does not take care of reports.
This probably belongs in a list also because with each Eye Form upgrade these local changes will be wiped out and you will need to redo them. I’ll look at trying to squeeze that in for 5.0.2.

I’ll post more soon on the other questions.

Perhaps you will find the textarea/box in the “Next Visit Orders” section meets your needs?

If ACT is checked the NEURO_COMMENTS is not printed in reports. It will print if this is unchecked. We will change this behavior in 5.0.2 so if there is a NEURO_COMMENT, it will print irrespective of the other neuro stuff. To do this in 5.0.1, you can move the neuro comments code down a bit in forms/eye_mag/report.php:

<?php if ($NEURO_COMMENTS) { ?>
<table>
<tr>
<td colspan=“2”>
<b><?php echo xlt(‘Comments’); ?>:</b> <?php echo report_ACT($NEURO_COMMENTS); ?>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<?php } ?>

cut and paste it 5 lines lower lines, removing <?php ?> brackets as needed. ie. it needs to go under the

if ($ACT !=‘on’) {

}

block of code.

• I have noted that the Neuro section Comment section does not print. All the other comment sections except for AR (autorefraction) do print out to a PDF report.

This is a bug. I’ll update 5.0.2 with a fix. It will print if there is any data in this field. You can use it to make comments on any method, not just AR.

1. Is it possible for the Amsler Grid to be created for the patient via a laptop touch screen to actually document an Amsler Grid for each eye that then would become part of the Eye Exam Form record. Perhaps akin to the LBF Image Canvas.

Yes, it is doable. This will require a bit of coding.
Maybe just take a picture of their paper response? I have a mobile interface that is very basic and will put a PR up soon for it. The most common way I use it is take pictures one my phone and directly upload them into the document area I choose. They are never stored on the phone itself.

It also has a rudimentary calendar, flow board and SMS interface. Hoping there are others in the community who will make it more functional across any device.

Thank you Ray, your comments are very helpful.

Henry

This comment section and, impression plans are not printing on printable report and pdf report. Can you tell me how to make these printable?