External data in patient summary

Please help me to figure out.
How we can add external data to patient summary in OpenEMR version 5.0.1 ?

@Paul Some details please:

• What sort of external data? I.e., importing old labs, or vital signs, or progress notes, or what?
  • Where in the patient summary does it need to be displayed?
    Thanks- Harley

Thank you for your time.

External data that should displayed on patient summery screen, Encounter and Procedures.

@Paul
The data from external_encounters and external_procedures tables will be displayed here(External Data).
Please try by importing patient data using CCDA.

Thanks
ViSolve-120

Thank you for your time and support. Issue resolved.

@Paul @visolveemr

I am using version 5.0.2. Please describe how to get xml file & how to export patient data for importing into CCDA. And how to get records under external data tab.
I have followed https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Use_the_Carecoordination_module these steps, but no data is under external data tab. And getting connection failed error while exporting CCDA.

@htuck I am also at loss how to use this section. Whatever we upload under documents section that doesnt appear in external data.
how can we get / use the external data area?

@Robert_James thanks for bringing up this question!-- I have been looking for several minutes through both the forum and the wiki and have not been able to find an explanation of what that link is for.
I find references to ‘External Data loads’ relating to importing RXNorm codes, but nothing that matches the headings that are displayed when the External Data link is clicked.

I would be willing to bet that this is one of the cases one sees inOpenEMR where an activity in one part of the EMR is called by one name, but the display of its result is called something else. If only we knew what the input activity was called…

Be sure to post back here if you find out what it is!
Thanks- Harley

2 Likes

still searching @htuck :slight_smile: